Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference” culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
For nearly four decades, Benchmark has been at the forefront of our industry, providing unparalleled expertise in hotel, resort and conference center management. Our two breathtaking portfolios, Benchmark Resorts & Hotels and Gemstone Collection, represent the finest in guest-dedicated hospitality across the U.S. and points beyond.
We’ve developed more than 90 different restaurant concepts, leveraging partnerships with leading culinary experts to help us create some of the most groundbreaking dining experiences in the industry.
From exquisite fine dining and private chef’s-table tastings to fun themed dinners and team-building cooking competitions, our culinary offerings are fresh, exciting, delectable and surprising. We customize each of our culinary programs to their distinctive destinations, delivering authentic concepts that highlight local flavors and atmosphere while showcasing regional approaches to food preparation.
Today’s travelers are sophisticated in their food choices and continually redefining their desires. We’re responding with some of the most creative and exciting menus in the industry, keeping us on the leading edge of consumer interest.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Providing global culinary support, the Manager, Culinary Operations will have experience in leading the culinary operations for high volume, multi-outlet resorts or hotels with large meeting/event operations. The individual must be creative, have strong business skills, be passionate for culinary arts and an innovative leader. Successful candidates for this role will have a proven track record of developing processes and standards with an approach to sustainability and efficiencies, showcasing skills to be a teacher, a mentor and a coach supporting team across the portfolio.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with food cost and labor management - effectively translating financial performance into actionable strategies that drive efficiencies. Leverage business intelligence to provide on-going financial successes and opportunities to the portfolio.
- Collaborate with the Director of Culinary Operations to establish culinary training and development plans for all properties (center of excellence).
- Assist with property culinary leadership recruiting across the portfolio as well as deployment recommendations. Coordinate and provide task force assistance to properties at the Executive Chef level.
- Drive purchasing program compliance and other strategic third-party relationships to realize operational efficiencies, product quality and property service support.
- Partner with the Director of Culinary Operations to drive enterprise programs and processes that ensure centralization and consistency.
- Provide on-property support as it relates to openings, transitions, concept launches, key events/conferences and the alike.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with properties, while providing timely response on requests.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of ten (10) years of operational experience in restaurant and/or hotel industry is required – namely experience in large-scale operations. Minimum of eight (7) years supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary or a related field is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant, and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Ability to work on a full-time basis including evenings and weekends to include travel 50% of the time.
- A deep understanding and appreciation of culinary culture – the trends, the disruptions, the behaviors, and the complexities/opportunities in-order to present the most desired products to current/potential guests.
- Proven track record of building effective interpersonal relationships with property operators and vendor partners alike.
- Strategic planning experience including collaborating with a cross functional team.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to articulate smart solutions in a straightforward manner.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Must be a self-starter who’s comfortable solving problems independently.
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.