Corporate Finance Manager
Swyft Filings is searching for an accomplished Corporate Finance Manager with 4-8 years of hands-on experience leading various corporate finance functions including Financial Planning & Analysis, Investor Relations, Treasury, and Risk Management/Insurance. Our ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical ability, insatiable curiosity, thoughtful decision making, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills and is passionate about helping small businesses grow.
If you’re ready for a significant opportunity to take on meaningful responsibilities, bring innovative ideas to our company, and have the drive to follow them through to completion, you’re exactly who we’re looking for.
About Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings is an online filing service for business formations. More importantly, we’re a company that has helped budding entrepreneurs start over 200,000 new businesses (and counting). We take a complex process and automate it to make it easier for small businesses and individuals to launch their business dreams without having to do it wholly on their own or find, hire, and pay high-priced and uncertain legal fees.
Since 2015, we’ve grown from a lawyer and two online entrepreneurs into a team 95 strong – and you can bet we’re not done yet. We’re proud to have been ranked as one of the fastest-growing companies in Houston, nationally by the Inc 5000.
Our mission is to break down barriers so anyone can follow their dreams and create something special for themselves and their communities. To do that, we need someone to analyze data and provide recommendations to improve and grow our business. We want someone who can translate complex data into actionable strategies that will improve the company’s reach so that we can better serve our customers and more effectively help new entrepreneurs get their companies up and running as easily, efficiently, and affordably as possible.
This position is all about analyzing our financial data to help us make smart and strategic business decisions. You will play a key role in supporting the overall financial health and direction of the company. Your contributions will play an essential role in supporting the company through hyper-growth. Whether analyzing data, forecasting the future, creating financial reports, or creating budgets - we need you to take ownership and work alongside our company leaders and stakeholders to achieve results.
As such, you’re a self-starter, a learner, a problem solver – someone who can think on their feet and is comfortable taking the initiative in an energetic, fast-paced environment. You can multi-task and juggle between different projects, using data-driven insights to make smart decisions. When you face an obstacle, you don’t accept defeat and give up; you find innovative ways around it or break through it.
In short, you’re someone who values learning and opportunity. Opportunity to take on meaningful responsibilities, opportunity to bring innovative ideas to our company, opportunity to grow yourself and this role, and the opportunity to make a difference to small business owners across the country. And ultimately, our ideal candidate will take this opportunity and run with it.
- This position will report directly to the CFO and partner with functional leaders to support the company’s continued growth
- Regularly interacts with Senior Management and external vendors. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with external vendors or influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Drive standardized reporting and create a business partnership function across the organization
- Work with operations, technology, sales and marketing teams to build out analytics measuring the ROI on lead generation, variable spend, and segmentation of customers to understand behaviors and use cases
- Lead the annual budgeting process and ownership of the long and short-term forecasting models
- Create monthly reports measuring the financial health of the our business
- Partner with executive leadership to help drive sound decision making
- Prepare analysis for any M&A, new business ventures, Joint Ventures or other investments
- Develop and standardize quarterly board level reports and presentations
Treasury / Risk Management
- Supervising all activities related to effective cash management, financial controls, and payment process
- Monitor conditions to ensure the Company is in compliance with all financial covenants
- Ensure compliance with all insurance policies and run the annual insurance policy renewal process
What You’ll Need
- 4-8 years of demonstrated success in a dynamic finance role partnering with various other functions
- Prior experience in accounting, investment banking, FP&A, corporate finance or venture capital
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and interact effectively with the Senior Management Team, external auditors, bank representatives and insurance underwriters
- Ability to adapt schedule to meet changing deadlines and prepare, justify and administer budget
- Flexible and able to respond aggressively to changing priorities
- Effective change management skills
- Track record of excelling in a fast moving, innovative and evolving startup environment preferred
- Willingness to learn, take on new initiatives, and not require micro-managing
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance- eligible on day one!
- Employee-only health, dental, and vision plans covered 100% by company
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Casual Dress Code
- Free Branded SWAG
- Healthy Snacks in Office
- Company Events
- Referral Program
- Full Time – 40 hours per week
- Work from Headquarters in Greenway Plaza, with 1-2 days / week remote work potential
- Competitive Compensation – Based on experience