Posted Date: Aug 20, 2021
**SIGN ON BONUS - $300.00** Further details upon interview & hire.
- We are now hiring for a full-time COORDINATOR, CATERING position.
- Location: University of Houston - 4455 University Dr, Houston, TX 77204. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T - Must be able to work flexible shifts, including some nights and weekends.
- Requirement: Must have 2+ years of catering experience; 1+ years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Perks: Free meal with every shift, ability to train onsite, ability to grow with the company.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: As a Catering Coordinator, you will hold duties related to sales/marketing, administration, and coordination for on and off premise catering events. The position entails a need for excellent attention to detail and communication skills; ability to multi-task on a variety of projects simultaneously, accurate distribution of pertinent information both internally to all departments as well as to clients and related vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inputs and maintains all reserve data for all events including inquiries, tentative and definite. Details function sheets with equipment needs and rental orders.
- Creates captain’s packets for each event including staff sheets, equipment pulls, beverage pulls, signage, expo sheets, etc. as needed and assures that captains are in receipt of packet.
- Creates buffet signage and printed menus as required for each event.
- Assembles and performs upkeep of organized event files including all correspondence, orders, invoices, payments, proposals, function sheets, etc.
- Processes certificate of insurance requests.
- Intakes inquiries including all pertinent event information client contact, date, time, format, number of guests, location, etc.
- Prepares proposals for events and submits staff requisitions.
- Supports sales initiatives through research, marketing interface, communications and sourcing
- Works with marketing department on materials and promotions.
- Assists with client walkthroughs of venue spaces and provides on-site sales representation at events as scheduled.
- Receives and processes all deposits.
- Reviews reserve financial entry to assure accurately forecasted and communicates with accounting on any needs, clarification, etc.
- Prepares final event invoicing and expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Assists in scheduling meetings, appointments, travel, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in dining, catering and/or events.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the business demands.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organization skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Marketing is preferred.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 548947. Additionally, you can get in front of the hiring manager faster and share what makes you unique with a Pre-recorded Video Interview! Click here to learn more!
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).