We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
The Advanced Controls COE is Looking for You
Halliburton invites qualified candidates to apply for a position with the Advanced Controls Center of Excellence (COE) in Houston, Texas. Candidates with interests and background in control systems theory, robotics, mechatronics, dynamic modeling, or data analytics and machine learning are encouraged to apply. This position provides an opportunity to participate in a strategic research and development program shaping the industry’s future technology. By solving challenging technical problems you can have a rapid impact on a commercial market with significant revenue. Successful candidates are expected to perform original and relevant research and development to expand the group’s expertise and technology portfolio. The Advanced Controls COE at Halliburton encourages a culture of continued learning, inventing, and innovating by bringing together a diverse group of top notch engineers and researchers. The group has a track record of developing advanced control and smart systems that are used to produce value around the world every day. Our goal is to continuously grow the group’s core research expertise in the area of control, robotics, dynamic modeling, filtering, data analytics, and machine learning to build advanced automation and control technologies and maximize the value of data to ensure the long-term success of Halliburton.
- Conducting research and development in modeling, control, and data analytics for solving challenging problems in the oil & gas industry
- Contributing to the identification of high value problems and opportunities
- Participating in control system design, control system prototyping, and implementation
- Design smart systems to augment complex tasks
- Collaborating with team members and providing necessary support for technology transfer
- Publishing results in patent applications, technical journals, and conferences
Required Education and Skills
- A PhD (or equivalent experience) from Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with a focus on Control Theory and Applications, Robotics, Mechatronics, Machine Learning, or Data Analytics.
- Experience and strong interest in solving practical problems, from invention to implementation in the field
- An excellent publication and patent record consistent with experience.
- Extensive knowledge in control theory, such as modern control, adaptive control, robust control, nonlinear control, optimal control, Model Predictive Control, etc., with outstanding ability to identify the proper control method for solving practical control problems and, when necessary, to develop new control methods, and/or
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in the application of Data Analytics including machine learning techniques such as SVM, Neuro Network, Bayes network, Genetic Algorithms, etc., preferably with control applications, and/or
- Knowledge of robotic systems with high DoF control, path planning, mechatronics, or dynamic modeling of complex systems
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong communication skills, and collaborative in complex engineering projects.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Science, Engineering or similar discipline, and 2 years of related experience. Completion of a masters or PHD in Science or Engineering is preferred
- Worked with large data sets, unstructured data, structured data and supporting compute/cloud systems like Microsoft Azure
- Built tools/workflows and support structures needed to analyze data, perform data cleaning, execute feature detection and extract business value from data
- Developed models, control algorithms, workflows, & software for use in field operations.
- Leveraged data visualization software applications, such as R, Power BI, Spotfire or Tableau
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Scientist – Physics, Sr. Scientist – Physics up to a Principal Scientist – Physics
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 101956
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position: