Our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory business helps organizations effectively navigate business risks and opportunities-from strategic, and financial risks to operational, and regulatory risks-to gain competitive advantage. We apply our experience in ongoing business operations and corporate lifecycle events to help clients become stronger and more resilient. Our market-leading teams help clients embrace complexity to accelerate performance, disrupt through innovation, and lead in their industries.
Work you'll do
The Controllership Services - Profitability & Analytics - Government Contracts practice assists clients in dealing with the evolving rules and regulations in a government contracting, compliance-based environment. Our specialists have many years of experience with government agencies, including service with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA). We use our experience and long-term working relationships with government personnel to assist clients who contract with the federal government.
The GCA professional team is equipped to deal with a broad range of contracting problems, including issues arising from the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS). We support our clients in developing compliance-based accounting systems, assist in analyzing government allegations of noncompliance, and facilitate interface with federal audit and contract administration personnel. Additionally, we assist our clients by anticipating and evaluating new legislation and regulations, and by participating with industry in the regulatory process.
Responsible for the tactical aspects of GCA client engagements under the direction of a Senior Manager or Partner/Director. This includes the day-to-day execution of the engagement plan and interaction with client staff and senior management. In addition, the Manager will play a critical role in the development of innovative services and tools to deploy in the GCA service offerings.
- BA/BS or advanced degree in one of the following areas: Finance/Accounting, Law, Business Management, Operations.
- Relevant certifications (CPA, CIA) desirable but not required.
- 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Industry experience in any of the following a plus: Government Contractor, DCAA. Audit/Consulting
- Solid understanding of legal, regulatory, and guiding frameworks (e.g., CAS, FAR, TINA) considered "drivers" for effective ethics and compliance programs.
- Experience designing and implementing compliance program elements, including programs related to risk assessments, testing for unallowable costs, reviewing or preparing schedules for submission to the US Government
- Experience in designing, maintaining, and/or testing controls related to DFARS contractor business systems (e.g., accounting, estimating, purchasing).
- Experience with a variety of analytics tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, Power Bi)
- Strong consulting experience with knowledge of all aspects of engagement lifecycle.
- A dynamic, detail-oriented, self-starter ability to balance multiple projects across several teams.
- Strong work ethic and project- and people-management skills.
- Ability to execute client engagements in a fast-paced consulting environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with members of the client's management team and staff.
- Ability to rapidly build and sustain long-term relationships, based on trust and consistent delivery to expectations.
- Ability to travel 80%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited Visa sponsorship may be available