Founded in 1934, Parker Drilling provides advanced drilling solutions to the energy industry. We are a technically innovative company providing worldwide drilling services, rental tools and project management, including rig design, construction and operations management.
The Contracts Manager II is a key member of the Geo-Market management and has primary responsibility and accountability for the commercial management of all Geo-Market client contracts for drilling and well/rental services during entire contract life cycle. This position is responsible for providing support and guidance to the Geo-Market in all its contract related activities, including proposal preparation, managing and developing of the personnel reporting to this position, implementing applicable Company Integrated Management System (IMS) processes and guidelines and actively participating in the corporate CCM organization initiatives and projects.
Jointly with Legal and other fumctional departments provides guidance to Geo-Market on contractual related issues as described in greater detail below;
- During proposal preparation evaluates proposed contract drafts and provides comments and recommendations on the exceptions and qualifications to mitigate liability and risk exposure for the Company;
- Oversees and leads negotiations of contracts, change orders and selective sub-contracts across the contracts portfolio of the Geo-Market;
- Provides contracting expertise to Geo-Market in contract development for new business and ensures contractual terms and conditions mitigate company’s risk exposure;
- Oversees, manages and actively participates in the post-execution contract management activities across the contracts’ portfolio of the Geo-Market;
- Provides guidance and advises the Geo-Market personnel with regard to interpretation and application of Company's policies, processes, procedures and best practices applicable to contracting and contract management;
- Actively interacts with all Geo-Market and corporate functions to ensure the development of the best contractual solutions for the Geo-Market projects and opportunities;
- Monitors CRM and ensures accurate and timely tracking of all Geo-Market contracts and associated contract management activities for existing inventory of Geo-Market contracts, including change orders, extensions, renewals, amendments (collectively 'variation documents') and other pertinent activities;
- Ensures the adherence of Geo-Market to the established process for contract documents storage and maintenance;
- Assist Geo-Market in development and implementation of an annual contracting strategy for pricing improvement and adjustments;
- Supervises and manages daily activities and work of the direct reports, sets up goals, monitors and reviews reports’ performance in compliance with the applicable HR process;
- Conducts assessments of the reports’ functional competences, outlines the development plans and professional development objectives;
- Actively participates in the periodic contract terms audits and updates to the standard contract templates. Coordinates interaction with Legal, Compliance and other functions during this process;
- Supports training of BD organization personnel on Company's IMS policies related to proposal management and contarct management;
- Keeps track of contracting trends and best practices with a goal or implementing those into the Company’s standard contract templates and contract management guidelines;
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of contracting processes and procedures, best practices and standards, forms and templates;
- Conducts the contract audits initiated by the corporate CCM organization to the extent requested by the Director of CCM;
- In carrying out the job responsibilities strictly abides by Company policies and procedures;
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies;
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Jointly with Legal and other functional departments provides guidance to Geo-Market on contractual related issues as described in greater detail below;