LIVING OUR VALUES
All associates are guided by Our Values. Our Values are the unifying foundation of our companies. We strive to ensure that every decision we make and every action we take demonstrates Our Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates lasting benefits for all of our associates, shareholders, and the communities in which we live.
The Content Development and Education Manager (CDEM) will lead and drive a world class performance culture by owning the creation, delivery, and measurement of GST's dealership retail training content. The CDEM position will be accountable for creating an in-dealership training culture and leveraging technology to develop, deliver and manage content through a multi-channel strategy. These responsibilities extend beyond traditional variable operations and into a comprehensive approach supporting Service, Parts, and Technical Training. This position is under the leadership of, and reports to, the Director, Fixed Operations.
Create - Content Development and Curriculum
* Conduct needs assessments, identifying specific performance and knowledge gaps for Toyota dealership associates.
* Collaborate across departmental lines and manage the development of content in cooperation with supervisor and Senior Leadership of those departments (Service, Parts and Technical).
* Develop and implement training materials in support of multiple learning styles (visual, auditory, kinesthetic).
* Follow department standards and templates specific to instructional strategies and delivery methods. Examples are dealership/Toyota on-boarding roadmap, short classes/videos with quizzes (sales manager led training), CDEM Instructor led training (virtual and in-person), quick 60 second how-to-videos, etc.
* Seek out leading training topics, outside partners and influencers to supplement and increase value of training.
Deliver - Retail Sales Training
* Execute comprehensive training plans across GST's dealer body; proactively engage with dealer management, dealership sales associates and GST field team to ensure they understand content, platforms, classes, and value added by CDEM and GST team (frequency and quality of training are essential elements).
* Demonstrate outstanding presentation/facilitation skills to educate sales managers and dealership associates through various platforms. Delivery platforms include but aren't limited to Instructor led training, video content, and on-line courses.
* Own implementation of product training to support new model launch and sustainment of all Toyota vehicles (includes virtual launches, ride & drive events and in-store training).
* Educate dealership personnel on manufacturer programs and vehicle technology to ensure customer satisfaction (Toyota Safety Sense, Toyota Care, Audio/Multi-Media, Connected Services, 1st Service Appointment, etc).
* Work closely with GST Field Team and outside vendors on training dealership sales and internet teams in regards to GST initiatives (i.e. internet lead handling, appointment setting culture, digital retailing processes, phone skills, etc).
* Create and 'kaizen' training delivery plans to be informative and relevant.
Continuous Improvement -- Evaluation and Metrics
* Develop and implement training evaluation tools to measure the success of our training. The four levels to measure effectiveness and hold ourselves accountable for are reaction, learning, behavior, and results.
* Monitor utilization of Engage app/website, virtual training, content usage rates, text click thru rates, and other training resources; review and plan with GST field team and dealer management to increase usage (ongoing meetings and one-on-one training as required).
* Manufacturer sales certification program for dealership personnel that includes monitoring reporting and following up as necessary to ensure compliance.
* Develop and share best practices to drive a comprehensive training culture with an emphasis on leveraging technology and extending knowledge to support service and parts.
* Must innovate and be a catalyst to drive positive change through training content development and delivery tools.
* Monitor technical training tools and assess industry best practices to assure our programs are best in practice.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Responsibly receive, transmit, and handle consumer and customer data per applicable policies and procedures.
* Review and follow data privacy practices, policies, and guidelines.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience requirements:
* Bachelor's degree with 8+ years in the field or in a related area or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must be willing to relocate to and within the Gulf States Toyota Region (Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, & Oklahoma).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to teach and facilitate learning.
* Demonstrate self-management, time management, and process management skills.
* Demonstrate problem solving and performance analysis skills.
* Ability to influence others (negotiating skills, persuasiveness, & tenacity to follow).
* Ability to promote, coordinate, and drive change.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the workday; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office. The associate is frequently required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business purposes. A large amount of this travel involves driving a company vehicle. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The job requires significant domestic travel (up to 85% of the time). As a result, the duties for this position occur in various places including, but not limited to an office environment, car dealerships, and semi-industrial settings. The associate will regularly be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level for this position will vary and the associate may be exposed to loud noise levels.
Position is based out of a home office located within the Gulf States region (Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Mississippi).
*Legally authorized to work in the United States, without Sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled