Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop system-level test solutions required for sustaining a high-volume assembly and configuration environment of networking equipment.
- Develop and optimize test systems by analyzing data utilizing statistical analysis tools. Collect and interpret quantitative data to discover underlying causes of test system issues.
- Provide development and consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top-level contributor or specialist.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to ensure delivered products meet customer needs.
- Utilize suppliers to provide needed components in a cost-effective manner.
- Develop procedures for operational use of the designed test equipment.
- Provide engineering support to technicians and operations that utilize the designed test equipment.
- Communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, OEMs, teammates, and executive management.
- Development of new test scripts and optimization of existing test scripts
- Deployment and monitoring of 3rd party data erasure programs
- Maintenance of all Test Equipment as required, per Monthly, Quarterly or Annual schedules
- Reporting and analysis of performance by tester, product family to determine if any test hardware is not performing correctly
- NPI activities
- Inspection planning and equipment maintenance and calibration
- Fallout rate and failure data analysis
- Shop floor troubleshooting for complex test failures or mass failure events
- Guidance, recommendations, and sourcing on new test equipment purchases including test racks, jigs and fixtures
- Involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
Details/Specification/Explanation of the role specific skills
- Minimum 5 years' experience with bachelor's degree, or 3 years with master's degree.
- B.S. Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineer or Computer Science or M.S. Computer Engineer, EE or Computer Science.
- Must have 5 years' experience with a programming and scripting language (C, C#, Java, Python, VB script etc) and data-base system.
- Design GUI interface from front end to backend. Operational knowledge of networking equipment with CCIE certification strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the concepts of Cp/Cpk, Statistical Process Control, Pareto charts, and Gage R&R.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity