KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR's areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity. Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And thats only the beginning. KBR is looking for an experienced Data Engineer / Data Scientist to support our asset management analytics business. The Data Engineer / Scientist will report to the Senior Manager, Asset Management within the KBR Readiness & Sustainment Solutions (R&SS) business unit. Duties & Responsibilities: The Data Engineer / Scientist will be responsible for all data management activities associated with design and implementation of a cloud-based, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) asset management analytics product. Responsibilities include the following: * Data Strategy. Develop and implement a technology roadmap for the product based on planned product functionality improvements and technology advancements.
* Data Model. Manage the cloud data model that underlies the analytics product.
* Data Architecture. Establish a robust and scalable data architecture that includes structures for real-time and transactional data, Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, and analytics (reporting, statistical, artificial intelligence / machine learning (AI/ML).
* Data Standards. Manage the set of R&SS asset management data standards.
* Data Management Processes. Design, implement and document.
* Security / Regulatory Compliance. Ensure the data solution complies with relevant U.S. Government cybersecurity requirements.
* Vendor & Subcontractor Selection & Technical Oversight. Ensure work performed by third parties complies with the R&SS data standards and processes.
* Consulting Support. Provide consulting support to customers to align / migrate their existing data to the cloud analytics product.
* Participate in KBR Communities of Interest / Centers of Excellence.
* Collaborate Establish relationships with cloud professionals in other parts of the KBR business. •
* Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications: Experience * Five (5) years of cloud data solution design experience with PaaS / SaaS applications.
* Prior U.S. military experience preferred but not required. Education * BS degree in Computer Science; MS preferred, or equivalent relevant experience considered.
* One or more of the following certifications highly preferred: MS Azure Data Scientist / Azure Data Engineer / Azure Database Administrator. Other Requirements: * US Citizen with valid Passport.
* Ability to obtain a security clearance at SECRET level.
* Willingness to travel - 25% travel expected Additional Skills and Experience: * Expert level knowledge of cloud data engineering / data solution design.
* Familiarity with U.S. Government cybersecurity framework and requirements.
* Ability to interact with coworkers at all levels in the organization.
* Solid technical writing and communication skills.
* Strong work ethic.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Ability to adapt to changing work requirements. #LI-SC1