This Job has been reposted by the company. Refer to Job ID 664268.
The Opportunity: In its continuing mission to build infrastructure to help Democrats win campaigns up and down the ballot, the committee 's Tech Team is seeking a dynamic, creative, and compassionate leader to act as a chief of staff to our CTO in overseeing key initiatives, ensuring alignment, and facilitating collaboration across our engineering, community, product, and data science teams. This is a role requiring a great deal of flexibility, adaptability, and trust as you become a multiplier and catalyst for a variety of team efforts.
- Work closely with our CTO and Tech Team Leads on a variety of projects ranging from budget forecasting to election day preparations to enhancing our career development work to make the COMPANY a marquee destination for political tech talent;
- Help develop processes and policies that foster a diverse and inclusive team culture, and ensure those rocesses and policies are well understood and well implemented;
- Be a trusted advisor to a number of managers and individual contributors as we collaboratively work towards building a resilient, high performing team;
- Facilitate decision making across teams and levels to balance incorporating input, ideas, and buy-in against the need to be decisive and commit to action; and,
- Build and reinforce relationships between the COMPANY Tech Team, internal COMPANY partners, and external stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- A focused, detail-oriented leader who thinks holistically across a number of disciplines and is able to influence directly and indirectly as needed;
- An effective, persuasive communicator and listener who speaks candidly while caring deeply, and is adept at interacting with technical and non-technical teams;
- A passionate commitment to Democratic values and the power of a team that is diverse, equitable and inclusive;
- A track record for helping drive organizational improvements through goal setting, accountability, and a deep desire to bring the best out of everyone; and
- Experience working on technical projects with technical partners, peers and stakeholders, and an ability to earn the trust and respect of engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity experts, IT professionals and product managers.
What we would be excited to see:
- A background in politics is helpful, but not essential. If you're coming from tech industry, having campaign experience as a volunteer and having end-user familiarity with the processes of a campaign will be a boost for your onboarding, but we've also had people thrive here who were completely new to political tech;
- A background in the technology industry helpful, but not essential. In this role you are unlikely to perform technical tasks yourself, but you will be working with technical staff on infrastructure projects. A curiosity and willingness to learn the details of complex initiatives is more important than any individual technical skillset;
- Similarly, experience in the non-profit world and understanding the interplay of staff, donors, partners, and other stakeholders will be very useful for getting started, but if you don't have this, approaching this opportunity with a grounded, humble service-oriented mindset will also do well; and,
- Experience as a people manager. This role may not necessarily have direct reports but it will interface heavily with other managers as a mentor, coach, and collaborator.