CASE DEVELOPMENT INTAKE ATTORNEY earns $90,000 annually.
Thomas J Henry Law is currently seeking a talented and career-driven Case Development Intake Attorney to join the team!
CASE DEVELOPMENT INTAKE ATTORNEY Job Summary:
The Case Development Intake Attorney will work with and manage, a specifically assigned case manager, on a docket of approximately 50 cases. They will investigate, preserve evidence, develop medical and triage assigned cases. Secure accident reports, property damage photos, investigate and photograph scene, send letters of representation, open record act requests, order lifetime driving records, obtain witness statements, perform criminal and social media investigations on client and adverse, and assist client in developing medical damages. Other responsibilities include the handling of property damage claims, communicating with clients and adjusters, preparing and approving expense requests, preparing monthly status reports for client’s and preparing and submitting reviews on cases per firm policy to assist in evaluating cases. Manage clients during pendency of case development intake process in preparation of file transfer to litigation team. In some instances, preparing and documenting demands and acting as liaison between management and adverse adjuster in an effort to settle certain cases.
CASE DEVELOPMENT INTAKE ATTORNEY Essential Job Functions:
- Intake function
- Investigate and develop commercial cases
- Accept incoming calls from potential new clients (PNC’s)
- Ascertain relevant facts and discuss all aspects of PNC’s claims
- Secure authorization to sign up, decline or further evaluate claim
- Explain attorney-client contract
- Sign up cases in and out of the office
- Cover on rotational basis
- After hours PNC calls and secure new client sign ups in office, in person out of office and/or via DocuSign (electronic signature option) in those matters where PNC resides a distance from one of our offices.
- Status Letters: One letter per client/month minimum to update client on status of matter.
- Client meetings
- Address/return all client calls by end of business day.
- Out of office sign-ups and after-hours on-call
- Ensure 100% compliance on grade cards
- Ensure ethical and legal obligations of all subordinates
- Maximizing case values and attorney fees recovered.
- Additional projects, as assigned.
CASE DEVELOPMENT INTAKE ATTORNEY Competencies:
- Possess strong initiative
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Effective communication and delegation
- Customer service
- Emotional intelligence
- High energy motivator
- Sales / ability to relate the unique features and benefits of the law firm
- Multi-tasking, time management, and the ability to organize and prioritize work
- Must have the ability to motivate and energize support staff under his/her supervision to generate the best results for clients and organization.
- Must be approachable and have the ability to communicate with employees with professionalism.
- Legal Research and Analysis
- Bilingual (Spanish a plus)
CASE DEVELOPMENT INTAKE ATTORNEY Education & Experience:
- JD; must be licensed in Texas and in good standing
- 0-3 Years Personal Injury experience
- Must have strong commitment to client service
- Excellent writing skills
- Working on cross-functional teams
- Previous customer service/sales experience preferred with after-hours on call experience
- Previous experience supervising non-attorneys
- Must have valid TX driver license and good driving record
CASE DEVELOPMENT INTAKE ATTORNEY Benefits include:
- Paid vacation, all-purpose leave and holidays
- 401 (k) plan; 4% match with immediate vesting
- Medical – 80% employer contribution
- Dental, vision, and supplemental insurance available
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Gym membership
- Company events – to include giving back to the community!
- Relocation expense reimbursement
Why Work Here?
This is the firm that will take your career to the next level. We focus on obtaining RESULTS for our clients!
Our law firm has been named a “Best Place to Work” in the country by Glassdoor two years in a row!
We consistently outperform our peers in categories such as:
- Career Opportunities
- Compensation and Benefits
- Culture and Values
- Senior Leadership
If you are looking for the opportunity to make the most of your experience, talents and work ethic, we may be the place for you!
Openings in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, or Corpus Christi