Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Lead and drive the delivery and ongoing support of the OptumCare CareData Technology Platform (CDTP). This new platform is an innovative, cloud based data integration capability underpinning OptumCare’s CareData Implementation Strategy. The technology platform runs on Azure and leverages a variety of critical Enterprise components such as: Snowflake, Kafka, DataBricks, Grafana and more. The CDTP has a very close working and operating relationship with the CareData Implementation teams that it supports. CareData representsing the Healthcare Delivery Data Domain and CDTP is the underlying software infrastructure that allows CareData to meet scale, speed, connectivity and accessibility goals.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the definition, communication and delivery of the CareData Technology Platform strategy, architecture and delivery roadmap
- Define and deliver platform operating metrics that meet agreed upon business driven SLA’s
- Lead a dedicated platform engineering team responsible for building and supporting the production platform
- Lead the team in establishing a “Cloud First” approach to all engineering work
- Lead the team in adopting agile and CICD best practices as they relate to the domain of Data Engineering
- Partner closely with the CareData Implementation lead to ensure that CareData ingested, stored and consumed data to meet all critical business defined goals
- In partnership with the CareData Implementation lead, define and implement a legacy data asset decommissioning strategy consistent with business goals and objectives
- Contribute to the overall definition and achievement of the CareData CBA, particularly as it relates to technology acquisition and operating costs
- Partner extensively with peers across the broader OptumCare Technology organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology; (Bachelor’s Degree plus an additional 7 years of experience beyond the required years may be substituted in lieu of Master’s degree)
- 10+ years of experience establishing, leading, and expanding enterprise wide Data Warehousing and Integration capabilities
- 5+ years of progressive management experience
- On hands experience with modern Cloud Native data integration, warehousing and analytics (SnowFlake, Azure, Kafka etc.)
- Solid software development skills and experience particularly in the domain of Data Engineering
- Experience in implementation, communication, promotion and utilization of technology solutions supporting Data Warehousing and Integration
- Excellent communications skills, both written and spoken, as well as being able to present complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal skills and a comfort interacting with clients from the C-suite to marketing managers to technical specialists
- Ability to engage resources outside of direct-control to achieve objectives
- Be comfortable working autonomously or with broad guidelines; this role will often be working independently at client offices
- Highly driven with the ability to work well under pressure with and possess the flexibility to manage multiple demands, tight deadlines, shifting priorities, competing priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Cloud Director, Leader, Cloud Native, SnowFlake, Kafka, Data Warehousing, Manager, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote