The Business Technology Specialist is responsible for providing application and hardware installation, support and training for independent and company-owned stores point-of-sale systems. Set up store networks, including all necessary cabling for printers, workstations, and other peripheral hardware. Required participation in nearly all independent store changeovers, greenfield stores, ownership changes, remodels, relocations and acquisitions which can include data conversion, inventory control, profit control, data entry, store management system training, e-Commerce setup, B2C, training and application support. This would also include assistance in Shop Management System integration when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 10% Installs company-approved computer systems, software and equipment.
- 10% Sets up network in the store, including cabling, connection of routers and ISP.
- 10% Troubleshoots and diagnoses both software and hardware issues for systems such as Exploris, CARQUEST Link, B2C, ISP and networking.
- 20% Participates in changeovers and acquisitions of new stores/customers as well as independent store ownership changes and store remodels.
- 20% Trains customers on use of company-specific technologies such as Exploris, CARQUEST Link, Weblink, CARQUEST Pro, ACE Cataloging, B2C, etc.
- 20% Travels extensively throughout North America for up to two weeks at a time for the purpose of working with new store acquisitions, store changeovers, and/or implementation of systems and equipment.
- 5% In coordination with sales department, conducts demonstrations of current business technology products for current and prospective customers (stores).
- 5% Submits monthly billings of hardware/software for the independent customer base.
Attends periodic training as supplied by the company on existing technologies used by the company and new technologies as they become available.
Tests new software and hardware for full functionality and compatibility.
Assists in creation of training courses for company technologies such as Exploris.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong knowledge of Windows, MS Office (specifically Excel and Word), and networking.
Ability to independently identify and resolve IT issues within a store’s system and network.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a unified team member.
Working knowledge of Exploris application.
Working knowledge of ISP configurations and network cabling.
Strong technical aptitude.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
4-6 years of related experience.
Previous experience providing technical support and training.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds. The employee may also have to climb ladders at times in order to run cabling. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.