Responsible for developing software systems safety requirements for the XEVAS EVA suit and Lunar suit. Performs analysis, develops plans, and provides design recommendations for mechanical and electromechanical products and systems.
- Develop and maintain Software Safety Plans, Software Requirements Specifications (SRS), Software Design Description (Detailed Design), Software Design Description (Architectural Design), and Software User's Manual (SUM).
- Perform analysis identifying software requirement and hazard control coverage. Provide Software Process Root Cause Analysis results.
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis and software controls and mitigations (FHA / Hazard Reports / Hazard Analysis Tracking Index).
- Provide list of all software safety-critical components that have been identified by the system hazard analysis. Finalize Software Safety Analysis. Software controls to hazards will meet SSP 50038.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science from an accredited college or university for Education required
- 18 years in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers for Years of Experience
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass a national agency check
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and periodic random drug and alcohol screenings.
- Expert knowledge of software systems safety analysis tools and techniques
- Proficient ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics, parts lists, specifications, instructions, and test procedures
- Familiarity with the safety processes, as described in MIL-STD 882 (Rev E preferred), during design, development, use, and maintenance of safety-critical hardware and software systems in complex aerospace systems.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite of Tools to prepare reports, presentations, and charts
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with customers, peers, and management
- Ability to perceive organizational and political sensitivities and act accordingly.
- Ability to distinguish complexity of interests, exhibit confidence and professional diplomacy, and effectively communicate with internal and external organizations.
- Able to work in a matrix-oriented organization with minimum to no supervision.
Other Desired Skills:
- Experience in the aerospace and defense industry
- Experience in electromechanical system and devices
- Prior experience with National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Payload Safety processes and procedures is highly desired.
Bastion participates in the e-Verify and EEO