About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company is a leading financial services company that has approximately $1.9 trillion in assets and proudly serves one in three U.S. households and more than 10% of all middle market companies in the U.S. We provide a diversified set of banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through our four reportable operating segments: Consumer Banking and Lending; Commercial Banking; Corporate and Investment Banking; and Wealth and Investment Management. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer & Small Business Banking (CSSB)
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) provides financial services to 21 million retail bank households and three million small business customers through approximately 4,900 retail branches, 17 customer service centers, and more than 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and the District of Columbia. We serve and help individuals and families in many aspects of their lives, helping them buy homes, open first bank and savings accounts, buy cars to get to and from work or school, and start or grow small businesses. CSBB is focused on innovating and transforming with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose. As an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas – including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending – our primary goal is delivering for our customers.
Growth and Branch Administration leads overall Branch Banking strategy development, market and branch distribution, administers management and operating routines, defines and manages staffing models, designs and administers incentive programs, defines and monitors P&L performance routines, provide coaching to District Manager and Branch Managers to support business growth strategies, oversees programs to support the customer branch experience and assesses business performance holistically across the teams supporting Branch Banking.
The Network and Market Distribution Leader is responsible for strategic oversight, analysis and execution of the retail banking physical distribution functions including market planning, format evolution, growth and optimization of the network to ensure growth and channel diversity. Strategic leadership of all aspects of distribution planning, implementation and execution including: market planning and growth, execution of branch relocation, open, and close, partnership with corporate real estate, format design, rural market planning and strategy, low moderate income (LMI) branch strategy, De Novo program and ATM distribution/integration and alignment with branch strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic leadership and vision at the most senior levels within the Company and the Branch Banking Senior Leadership Team to drive balanced results by implementing and executing strategies in support of Wells Fargo’s overall business strategies
- Analyze and research existing and potential market opportunity, geography, traffic patterns, branch distribution, and competitive environment and determining network changes in order to support company goals, enhance market growth and engage customers; develop, lead, execute and manage integrated De Novo branch strategy
- Partner in the development and execution of specific strategies for ATM, in market and in-branch ATMs
- Develop distribution strategies to optimize Wells Fargo’s rural market presence
- Develop and maintain branch formats and their standards as well as executing new branch and refresh designs. Research emerging trends and competitor standards to innovate on future models that meet strategic cost and growth objectives
- Ensure alignment across the Region and cross-functional partners. Engage all relevant leaders and key stakeholders in network planning and format decisions
- Manage Corporate Properties Group, vendors, Finance and other applicable stakeholder relationships
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls, processes and risk and regulatory expectations associated with distribution, strategy and implementation
- Prioritize initiatives and investments in support of strategic objectives. Coordinate across branch banking priorities
- Provide inspiring and inclusive leadership to the team in alignment with our culture and commitment to build personal connections with our team members and customers
The successful candidate must have proven experience in building and leading high performing, industry-leading retail branch distribution network. This leader will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability with strong interpersonal effectiveness. This Executive must have a strong understanding of business drivers and processes and be an effective influencer that has credibility with business leaders and is able to offer credible challenge as needed.
- 12+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: business process, quality assurance, strategic planning, or project management
- 10+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in Retail Distribution and successful management experience in financial services, consumer retail, or management consulting, strategic planning and project management
- Strong strategic thinker and change leader with proven success delivering results
- Exceptional risk management and compliance knowledge and skills with demonstrated application of risk principles to products and procedures for significant and geography dispersed businesses
- An effective influencer that has credibility with business leaders and ability to offer credible challenge as needed
- Demonstrated leadership capability with exceptional execution skills preferably in a coaching based organization
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills combined with strategic business focus and a passion for retail distribution and the customer experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority, create and manage (while achieving results) large-scale change, and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Strong relationship management and proven leadership skills, with solid change and conflict management, negotiation and organizational effectiveness techniques
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a heavily matrixed organization with a high degree of initiative and strong ability to meet key responsibilities with limited direction and oversight
- Proven success recruiting, inspiring, developing, coaching and motivating team members through balanced leadership with a focus on team employee engagement and retention and performance management
- Ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically to senior and executive leaders and simplify the complex
- Up to 25%
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.