Reporting to, and partnering with the Optum Health (OH) Capital Senior Director, the OH Capital Associate Finance Director will play a critical role in strategic planning and management of OptumHealth capital spend. As a member of the finance team, the position will manage key financial deliverables related to business planning and budgeting associated with capital expenditures.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges
- Manage and lead capital planning and strategic alignment with company and segment strategic plans, especially as the organization focuses on implementing growth and critical optimization agendas.
- Lead and engage internal affiliates and business partners to develop CBAS (cost benefit analysis), manage and execute on OH strategies and benefits.
- Manage Forecasting & Budgeting processes for OH Capital spend, ensuring accuracy of the Budget, forecasts, and developing the financial narratives and metrics for both internally and externally constituents.
- Develop tools and produce critical capital financial results to OH Senior Leadership, Businesses and key stakeholders during the Month End Close, Forecast and Budgeting process.
- Support technology expense management activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- A Bachelor or Higher Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 6+ years of broad financial experience
- Creativity and experience with implementing critical activities in ways that both generate operating improvements and efficiencies
- Experience in multiple finance function (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) within a diverse, division-based entity
- Strong skills and experience working in the Microsoft Suite of Programs (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Natural curiosity to learn more, dig into details, understand key drivers of our business
- Ability to act decisively and proactively, anticipating change, and modify plans/timetables as needed
- Executive presence, with strong communication skills and the ability to work successfully in a matrix environment
- Experience managing a portfolio of programs
- Demonstrable passion for working at UHG
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, Essbase is a plus
- Mature and proactive with evidence of having worked as a true business partner
- Strong analytical skills and experience with operational modeling
- Deep understanding of and experience with Financials
- Experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to leadership.
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Finance Director, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota