PN#25473 ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - HUMAN RESOURCES (EXE LEV), BENEFITS
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The City of Houston is currently seeking a dynamic Benefits Executive who will be accountable for the strategic direction and oversight of the City’s suite of benefits programs and services, wellness initiatives, and the Employee Assistance (EAP) program. This individual will also ensure program coordination with vendors and all internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides operational and strategic direction to the Benefits, Wellness and Employee Assistance teams
- Identifies and develops core team competencies and skill sets necessary to develop independent thinkers and contributors to the team’s success, and lead to efficient program execution and exemplary customer service
- Maintain high-quality and cost-effective management of benefits programs and services
- Reviews division performance; effects changes as needed to improve service, simplify workflow and assure compliance with regulatory requirements, programs and initiatives
- Develops approaches, strategies, policies, and programs related to efficient delivery of the City’s group health plans, including dental, vision, long and short-term disability, Medicare Advantage, Wellness, and the Employee Assistance Program.
- Assists in the design of innovative wellness programs which encourage employees to participate in all aspects of services provided onsite and virtually
- Administers annual benefits open enrollment process, including working with vendors and internal stakeholders during the renewal period, and preparing recommendations to management.
- Oversees the launch of new initiatives that improve the customer experience
- Establishes division goals that contribute to the attainment of organizational goals and objectives.
- Develops and executes change management and communication strategies to ensure all parties are fully informed of benefit plan changes. Improves employee understanding and promotes awareness and utilization of various services offered
- Prepares and presents analyses, materials and recommendations to City leaders and stakeholders
- Assesses current and future vendor relationships, and manages vendor relationships to ensure optimal systems, execution, budget, and compliance.
- Serves as an advisor to the department director.