Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Our industry-leading Asset Protection team uses the latest technology and analytics tools to reduce shortages and protect Macy's bottom line. Develop your skills with opportunities to specialize in areas such as Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset Protection Training. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence and leadership development.
The Asset Protection Clerical will provide general administrative support for The Central Asset Protection team. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Assist in fulfilling directives from Manager in daily activities, perform clerical duties.
- Support entire department including mail distribution and ordering supplies for the group.
- Responsible for departmental record keeping/filing.
- Assist in communications between internal departments, and vendors.
- Prepare vendor payments and vendor setup forms for expense payable team.
- Data entry into expense commitment and capital systems.
- Follow up with vendors regarding open invoices, outstanding payments.
- Compile gathered information into proper formats and distribute information accordingly.
- Use Microsoft Excel, and Word to prepare documents.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Preferred 4 Year / Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years clerical experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color vision and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties