UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Work at home!
The Appeals and Grievances Medical Director is responsible for ongoing clinical review and adjudication of appeals and grievances cases for UnitedHealthcare associated companies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform individual case review for appeals and grievances for various health plan and insurance products, which may include PPO, ASO, HMO, MAPD, and PDP. The appeals are in response to adverse determinations for medical services related to benefit design and coverage and the application of clinical criteria of medical policies
- Perform Department of Insurance/Department of Managed Healthcare, and CMS regulatory responses
- Communicate with UnitedHealthcare medical directors regarding appeals decision rationales, and benefit interpretations
- Communicate with UnitedHealthcare Regional and Plan medical directors and network management staff regarding access, availability, network, and quality issues
- Actively participate in team meetings focused on communication, feedback, problem solving, process improvement, staff training and evaluation, and the sharing of program results
- Provide clinical and strategic input when participating in organizational committees, projects, and task forces
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MD or DO with an active, unrestricted license
- Board Certified in an ABMS or AOBMS specialty: Internal medicine/Pediatrics or Family Medicine with extensive experience in Pediatrics
- 5+ years of clinical practice experience
- 2+ years of Quality Management experience
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with managed care
- Excellent telephonic communication skills; excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Data analysis and interpretation skills
- Excellent presentation skills for both clinical and non-clinical audiences. Familiarity with current medical issues and practices
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills, typing, word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications skills. Internet researching skills
- Strong team player and team building skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Appeals and Grievances Medical Director, Virtual, Internal, Family Medicine With Focus On Pediatrics Preferred, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH