Huntsman currently has an immediate opening for a dynamic individual with proven capability as a Manufacturing Director, Americas for our Performance Products Division located at our Corporate Administrative Headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Manufacturing Director, Americas will provides leadership to the Americas Manufacturing team. Distills corporate, divisional, EHS, and global operations strategy into an efficient operating plan for 5 sites (Conroe, Freeport, Pensacola, Geismar, and Port Neches). Accountable for delivering a safe operating environment for our teams and meeting key targets with respect to EHS/PSM, Capex, OEE/operational reliability, cost efficiency, quality, and profitability. Accountable for driving a culture of achievement within our teams and delivering operational excellence. Accountable for setting a standard that allows our teams to excel, providing excellent career opportunities for high performers.
What will be expected from you?
- Direct EHS and PSM compliance and improvement. Provides input into the company's strategic plans, capacity and improvement strategies.
- Support the business strategy development, develop and execute plans which allow the Americas manufacturing team to excel and enable corporate, regional, and functional plans and targets.
- Member of the Americas Leadership Team, work with the team to deliver regional business targets.
- Enable World Class Business Excellence process, deliver routine and sustainable improvements which support business growth plans while minimizing capital expenditures.
- Work with Site Managers and global Asset Management team to develop and execute capital plans to deliver long term excellence in EHS, Reliability, Business Growth, and Cost Excellence.
- Support and lead efforts to modernize our manufacturing assets, taking full advantage of Industry 4.0, automation/robotics, instrumentation, OT Security, and generally creating a more efficient operating environment).
- Identify, hire, and develop talent to ensure a talent bank adequate for the long-term business needs.
- Operate under the guidance of the VP Global Operations but maintain adequate independence to report any compliance or EHS issues directly to the General Counsel or Sr. VP EHS as needed to ensure corporate compliance.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering or applicable field of study. Master’s degree in business administration a plus.
- Requires 15 or more years of manufacturing experience and at least ten years of management experience dealing with issues of business and manufacturing strategy.
- Experience in large scale or multi-site global chemical manufacturing network is highly preferred.
- General business and in-depth knowledge in manufacturing and/or engineering is needed to guide strategic development process.
- Solid business acumen and exposure to operating in a regulated environment. Knowledge of Chemical industry business environment.
- Solid understanding of the key drivers of manufacturing performance (Business Excellence, Asset Management / Capital / Operational Reliability, Quality Assurance, Industry 4.0, etc.) in a global network and how manufacturing capabilities can be used to derive competitive advantage in the chemical industry.
- Solid quantitative and qualitative assessment skills, critical thinking skills, and ability to constructively challenge ideas and assumptions.
- Familiarity with continuous and batch process operations.
- Requires a strategic orientation, ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity and the ability to help translate ideas into manufacturing / business strategies.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and the ability to facilitate/manage in a matrix environment.
- Solid process and project management skills.
- Demonstrated strong influencing skills and the ability to work in a highly matrix organization.
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both independently and as a member of a team.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company’s Data Privacy and Protection information.
All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]” and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.