Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Classification: Administrative Specialist
Division: Strategic Procurement Division
Posting Number: 29504
Reporting Location: 611 Walker St. *Pilot Hybrid remote option*
Workdays & Hours: MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM *Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
Performs professional administrative functions related to the development and implementation of policies and procedures in the Strategic Procurement Division. Performs duties in the establishment and maintenance of records; prepares, researches, and analyzes data; prepares simple reports and departmental procedures, directives, and guidelines in researching and analyzing data and account status.
The Administrative Specialist duties include but are not limited to:
- Interprets and implements basic rules, regulations, policies and procedures in day-to-day department operations.
- Drafts correspondence, reports and other documents; proofs/edits documents for accuracy, content and format.
- Prepares periodic and special reports; compiles information and maintains department reference information.
- Investigates problems/potential problems by means of written and verbal communications; prepares findings and recommends solutions.
- Organizes inventorying, cataloging, retention and retrieval of department documents.
- Assists in the coordination of department staff services, such as personnel, purchasing, storekeeping, public relations and office management.
- Conducts administrative research and long-range planning studies on special management activities.
- Measures, compiles, and analyzes metrics to assist in citywide central services accounts payable activities.
- Respond to vendor issues or inquiries.
- Assist in maintaining and updating policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply specific guidelines, internal controls and methodologies.
- Ability to work independently under strict time deadlines.
- Ability to organize heavy workloads and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Researches and responds to internal and external customer inquiries.
- Ensures all documentation and authorization is received according to guidelines.
- Discusses questionable information with user departments or team leads and ensures corrections are processed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.