Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Job Classification: ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST
Posting Number: 28649
Department: General Services
Division: Security Management
Reporting Location: 611 Walker, 3rd Flr
Workdays & Hours: M - F 78:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
* Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Monitors vendor invoices and payment.
- Verifies vendors invoices are complete before forwarding to Finance for processing.
- Follows up with vendor on invoices to avoid overdue invoices.
- Creates requisitions and receivers in SAP software.
- Monitors spending authority on contracts.
- Assists with the annual budget.
- Composes correspondence, directives, and prepares drafts on various departmental matters and edits material as required.
- Responds to written and telephone inquiries, requests, and complaints from the public.
- Produces various reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitors and orders office supplies as needed. Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
The position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.