Husch Blackwell LLPis a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening for an Administrative Resource Team (ART) Assistantin ourHoustonoffice.This position will work onsite full-time.
The Administrative Resource Team (ART) Assistant works within the Firmwide Administrative Resource Team to provide remote administrative and clerical support to LST Specialists and Resource Center Specialists. Works closely with Specialists to continually grow in understanding and ability to perform key administrative functions in a law firm environment. Demonstrates good spelling, proofreading and organizational skills. Essential functions include:
- Assists with typing, transcribing, and revising documents.
- Makes meeting arrangements and travel arrangements; creates itineraries for travelers.
- Prepares expense statements, reimbursement requests and other Chrome River responsibilities.
- Assists with saving and profiling pleadings and other documents in document management system.
- Enters billable time and makes revisions to time entries and prebills as needed.
- Assists with creating and organizing notebooks, large mailings, and file organization.
- Provides on-site support, including mailing, copying, printing, scanning.
- Proactively demonstrates effective teamwork and communication with team members and all Firm personnel. Actively participates in regular team meetings to discuss current projects and workflow. Takes personal responsibility for regularly exchanging information and training tips with team members for maximum job effectiveness.
- Updates project log with pending and completed tasks.
- Operates office equipment including PCs, printers, phones, copiers, facsimiles and typewriters.
- Copes successfully with office demands, remaining calm under pressure.
- Conducts all business in a confidential manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The physical activity of this position:
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive Motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The physical requirements of this position:
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
- High level of professional integrity required; ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Husch Blackwell is committed to maintaining the health and wellbeing of our people and our communities. As such, our Firm requires all Partners and employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit a negative COVID-19 test result weekly. This policy applies to all partners and employees, including those working from home/remotely. If an accommodation to this policy is needed, please inquire for more information.
- High School Diploma or GED required; 2-year degree preferred.
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience required, preferably in a legal environment.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vet.Principal Applicants Only.