Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Job Classification: Administrative Coordinator
Division: Financial Reporting & Operations
Reporting Location: 611 Walker Street
Workdays & Hours: MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM* *Subject to Change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Coordinates and supports the development, implementation and monitoring of various financial activities, including preparation of audit reports, grant closings, trainings, policies and procedures to effectively manage disaster grants. Liaises with department points of contact and responds to questions or reports related to financial inquiries and requests for reports by internal and external stakeholders. Provides technical support for various departments including grant award set up, budget set up and modifications.
- Coordinates and directs the development, implementation and monitoring of various grant management, operational, and financial activities, policies, and procedures to effectively manage grants.
- Performs professional financial analysis (Microsoft Excel) and reconciliation in preparation of and support of the Single Audit Report and Schedule of Expenditures of Federal and State Awards.
- Assists with research, gathering, and development of data required to perform periodic analysis and prepare quarterly and annual dashboards.
- Assists with the development of training manuals and presentations using Microsoft tools (PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Compose correspondence, prepares drafts on various division matters and edits material as required.
- Assists with grant closeout activities for departments using reconciliations and SAP data.
- Develops, monitors, analyzes and updates specialized reports using a wide variety of financial data.
- Prepares and query SAP reports (e.g. Budget vs. Actuals) including interfacing with other City departments to successfully complete various analyses with quality results.
- Acts as a liaison to assigned City departments to provide assistance in handling inquiries and problems related to internal/state/federal requests. .
- Reviews, analyzes, and recommends enhancements to financial programs and systems.
- Coordinate and conducts special long term and short-term projects.
This is a grant funded position subject to cancellation when funds are depleted and/or contract period ends.
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.