Applications Accepted From: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Job Classification: Administrative Assistant (GRANT FUNDED)
Posting Number: # 29509
Division: Public Safety & Office of Homeland Security
Reporting Location: 900 Bagby Street, 2nd Floor, Houston, TX 77002
Workdays and Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
*Subject to change*
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Drafts correspondence, reports and other documents for procurement, vendor compliance and policies and procedures.
- Create purchase requisitions to procure services, materials, and equipment.
- Ability to interpret procurement policies and adhere to local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to identify best method for procurements: i.e., bids, existing contracts, cooperative purchasing, etc.
- Responsible for accuracy of requisitioned items to ensure timely payment.
- Responsible for procuring miscellaneous supplies for department staff to meet programmatic and operational needs.
- Performs professional administrative functions for compliance with federal grant programs.
- Assist team with document organization and retention.
- Performs other duties as necessary and assigned to meet departmental needs.
There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.