Applications Accepted from: All Persons Interested
Department: Houston Public Library
Division: Customer Experience
Section: CE Administration
Reporting Location: Various
Workdays & Hours: 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday*
* Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Houston Public Library (HPL) is a forward-thinking library organization, situated in the nation’s fourth largest city serving a diverse population of 2.2 million people. Houston Public’s libraries are trusted community and cultural centers that serve a highly diverse populace. At HPL, we understand that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge, and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success.
HPL is seeking a highly motivated, talented, and experienced professional to serve as the Administrative Assistant for the Customer Experience Administration office. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to and passion for our mission as well as have a professional presence, be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, provide exceptional customer service both internally and externally, enjoy learning and, be at ease multitasking in a fast-paced, high-performance environment, and be able to effectively interface with individuals from various cultures and professional levels.?
The person in this position will perform varied professional administrative functions related to the operational efforts of the Division. Essential duties and functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Serving as an energetic, self-motivated team player for an active Customer Experience Administration office.
- Providing customer service to internal and external customers by phone, email, and in person. Answer routine questions regarding Library policies, procedures, and practices.
- Possessing outstanding organizational and communication skills to perform ongoing and specialized tasks.
- Compiling data for reports, calendars, surveys, inventories, studies, and statistics using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Assisting in screening applicants and scheduling job interviews.
- Maintaining highly confidential files, mailing lists, reports, and professional data.
- Answering and screening telephone calls including back up coverage for other administrative areas.
- Ordering supplies and assisting with purchasing.
- Coordinating special projects and planning of department sponsored activities and programs
- Reviewing conference travel documents for accuracy and ensuring their timely submission to Financial Services.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a Cover Letter and Resume when applying.
There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.