Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Posting Number: PN# 28467
Service Line: Houston Permitting Center
Reporting Location: 1002 Washington Ave
Workdays & Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.*
*Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Houston Permitting Center’s mission is partnering with customers and communities to develop a safer more resilient Houston. The Houston Permitting Center provides services for safe community development through the permitting and regulation of public and private construction. The Business Support Services branch supports the service line through Workplace Experience, Customer Experience, and Communications.
This Administrative Assistant position is in the Business Support branch of the Houston Permitting Center and provides support in the Workplace Experience section. The person in this role will be responsible for providing administrative support in the area of team training, onboarding, engagement, and management support.
This role will support the day-to-day administration, program coordination and monitoring duties of the Workplace Experience Team. Coordinate training initiatives that enhance the skills and competencies of employees. This includes coordinating and executing programs that drive employee engagement and development.
- Serve as the LinkedIn Learning and Talent Management System administrator/liaison for the service line. Create learning paths using LinkedIn Learning and Talent Management System for each job classification
- Coordinate soft-skills and technical skills training activities (online and in-person)
- Participate in the planning and facilitation of onboarding activities and training courses
- Serve as the Service Line administrator for the On/Off Boarding Portal. Audits of the portal to ensure it is functioning properly
- Support execution of Diversity and Inclusion activities, participate in activities and initiatives, rally team engagement
- Provides administrative support for presentations, reports, action plans, and ordering supplies
- Supports data entry and maintenance for team/branch/service line
- Serve as the administrator and expert for the Standard Operating Procedures Express Train
- Champion employee engagement activities, drive participation, support activities, and participate in event planning/project management.
- Support administrative activities of the Service Line, including but not limited to
- Wellness Program
- Fit Bit Program
- Internal Communication
- Blood Drives
The Houston Permitting Center is committed to valuing all employees throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate service to our customers is essential to fulfilling our Purpose and Visions
There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions. There are occasional minor discomforts from exposure to less-than optimal temperature and air conditions.
This is a Department of Public Works Emergency Management position at the Tier III Level