Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Division/Section: Bush Intercontinental / Terminal Management
Workdays & Hours: *Shift work, including rotation, weekends and holidays.
(subject to change)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The purpose of the Terminal Management / Custodial Service division is to provide a 5-Star cleanliness experience for the traveling public and ensure that the surrounding environment is safe and ready for daily business. We WOW our passengers through a “can do” attitude and respond quickly to meet and exceed the passengers’ expectations by maintaining facilities that are worthy of Skytrax 5-Star rating in cleanliness, appearance and function.
The purpose of the Administrative Assistant performs professional administrative functions related to the development and implementation of policy provide and procedures in the assigned department. This position interprets and implements basic rules and regulations, policies and procedures in the day to day operations within the business unit. Assist in the coordination of the department staff services, such as personnel, purchasing, budget tracking, payroll, and other office management duties. This role is responsible for creating memos and reports for submission to upper management and above. Will assist with the hiring process for new hires to include but not limited to scheduling interviews, onboarding process, and scheduling training. At times, represent the business unit in meetings and to convey meeting minutes to the business unit and other duties as assigned. "Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required."
The Administrative Assistant duties will include but are not limited to:
• Interprets and implements basic rules, regulations, policies and procedures in day-to-day department operations.
• Drafts correspondence, reports and other documents; proofs/edits documents for accuracy, content and format.
• Prepares periodic and special reports; compiles information and maintains department reference information.
• Investigates problems/potential problems by means of written and verbal communications; prepares findings and recommends solutions.
• Organizes inventorying, cataloging, retention, and retrieval of department documents.
• Assists in the coordination of department staff services, such as personnel, purchasing, store keeping, public relations, and office management.
• Conducts administrative research and long-range planning studies on special management activities.
• Assists with department budget preparation and monitoring.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions. Requires the ability to make coordinated gross motor movements in response to changing external stimuli within moderately demanding tolerances; or the ability to make coordinated eye/hand movements on a patterned response space within low tolerance demands with no real speed requirements.