Applications accepted from: All Person’s Interested
Job Classification: Administrative Aide
Division: Strategic Benefits
Reporting Location: 611 Walker St. ***THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION***
Workdays & Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM* *Subject to Change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Human Resources Department Benefits’ Division has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Aide to serve as our first-line customer service advocate. The successful incumbent will welcome visitors at the front desk by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering and/or referring inquiries. They may perform complex clerical and administrative support duties including organizing/maintaining record keeping systems, researching and preparing simple reports. Other duties are as follows:
- Maintains walk-in-visitor log sheet
- Performs employee intake and notifies appropriate staff of the employee arrival.
- Ensure a systematic flow of customers throughout the Human Resources Department
- Understand health care plans (medical, dental, vision) and other HR related processes such as staffing, employee relations, workers’ compensation, etc.
- Types, proofreads, edits correspondence, reports and requisitions.
- Assists with divisional projects to include, but not limited to records maintenance and data interpretation.
- Compiles and processes data to maintain routine periodic reports.
- Establishes, organizes and maintains assigned benefits related records.
- Resolves questions; refers questions with policy and procedure implications to appropriate HR staff member.
- Answers telephones, sorts mail and operates various office equipment.
- Participates in the Benefits Performance Improvement Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.