Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independenceTM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for Accounts Payable Specialist to be responsible for work with accounts payable and accounting. The candidate should be comfortable using Excel and handling large sets of data. The candidate will report to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, who reports to the Accounting Manager. He/she must be able to exercise good judgment. There will be room to grow in the department as capabilities allow. Currently, the Accounts Payable group consists of 3 people and is operating under a hybrid schedule.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST Responsibilities
- Prepares payment reports to determine payments due to dealers and vendors
- Processes accounts payable disbursements ensuring that everything is paid and recorded timely
- Maintains new vendor information which includes W9, supplier form, financial information, documents, etc. into the accounting system
- Monitors and records tax payments on a weekly basis
- Answers queries, processes payment history reports and provides other information to internal and external parties regarding invoice status, payment status, or other questions related to AP as requested
- Registers, scans, and routes vendor invoices, credit notes and other expenses timely and accurately in accordance with the Delegation of Authority policy and appropriate general ledger accounts
- Corrects errors or help resolve problems regarding payments made or to be made to vendor and dealer accounts
- Assists with the annual 1099 preparation and filing
- Records intercompany transactions, journal entries or other end of month entries
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Minimum of 3+ years of accounts payable and/or accounting experience
- Strong proficiency with Excel and Word. Heavy use of Vlookup and pivot tables
- Good interpersonal, communication and interaction skills, both verbal and written
- Maintain good working relationships with various corporate departments
- Highly organized and able to prioritize
- Must have high level of accuracy and be detail-oriented
- Proven ability to work well in an intra-disciplinary team environment
- Strong ability to work under pressure and time constraints and multi-task
- Must be able to exercise good judgment
- Experience with Salesforce and FinancialForce a plus
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance a plus
- Open-office environment
- Normal work hours are Monday-Friday, however occasional extended or weekend hours may be required
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.