This Jobot Job is hosted by: Scott Filbin
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000 per year
A bit about us:
Fast growing real estate development and investment company currently in expansion mode. Looking for a strong Accounting Manager that can grow with the business and move into Controller role in the near future. Company is a strong performer and positions extremely well for the short and long term.
Why join us?
- Fast growing, reputable real estate development and investment company in growth mode
- Strong management and executive team focused on mentoring and development
- High visibility and opportunity for Advancement - looking to promote to Controller in the near future
- Excellent corporate culture and tight knit team.
- To lead the Accounting Department in becoming a high functioning component of our organization.
- Design, establish and maintain the organizational accounting structure and systems that can be replicated and expanded as the company grows.
- Manage, motivate, mentor, and train a staff of Accounting, A/P and A/R professionals while holding them accountable to the values and priorities of the company
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to provide meaningful analysis and improve performance
- Participate in nurturing Client relationships with our clients including, asset managers, building owners, investors, and other influencers
- Assure the timely and accurate production of financial reporting in compliance with the contractual obligations to our clients.
- Develop policies, procedures, and controls for the regular production of property level financial reports.
- Manage all property accounting functions including GL, A/R, AP, etc. and assist staff in the preparation and review of monthly financial report packages as well as other monthly, quarterly and annual projects such as Budgeting, Expense Reconciliations, Taxes (Real Estate, Sales, Federal and Margin) and other tasks/ projects for managed assets.
- Work as financial liaison to all Owners, Customers and contracted 3rd parties regarding financial reporting; guidance on best practices and GAAP, research technical accounting matters as issues arise, assist in the interpretation of financial requests, and assure integrity in all financial/accounting production.
- To ensure the completion of timely, correct financial reports for our corporate entities.
- Prepare regularly scheduled financial reports for the corporate entities.
- Prepare and post journal entries to the General Ledgers
- Establish accounting schedules, deadlines, and milestones to achieve the expectations of clients and corporate leadership
- Assist in the collection and analysis of financial data, make recommendations for improvement and highlight areas of concern
- Manage the corporate budget process, analyze variances; recommend corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data. Assists with Cash Flow reporting
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Ensure financial data is presented, reviewed, and interpreted correctly by the Leadership Team
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from a four-year college or university required
- 5+ years of experience preferably in real estate, but not required
- Strong experience supervising others
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger
- Multi-entity consolidation experience
- Experience with Real Estate Accounting software required. MRI or Yardi preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and capable of using other Microsoft platforms including MS Word and Outlook
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.