Tap into the professional possibilities of the largest publicly traded energy partnership that features one of the most diversified cash flow streams in the midstream segment of the energy industry. With dynamic career opportunities and a creative and supportive environment, our unique midstream energy organization offers the chance to share and be recognized for your ideas. Join our team and increase your opportunities for success.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for general accounting activities relating to revenue and inventory accounting for crude pipelines. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform monthly volumetric allocations, invoicing of revenues and payment of invoices.
- Analyze revenue and explain variances between current month, prior month and budget.
- Address customer inquiries and work closely with Commercial, Contract Administration, and external auditors. This includes researching and resolving volumetric and pricing discrepancies.
- Prepare various volumetric balancing and analytical reports.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts related to revenue process.
- Prepare inventory reconciliations and analyze and clear reconciling items.
- Calculate and record monthly journal entries for revenues, cost of goods sold and/or variable expenses.
- Prepare gross margin reports for Management.