Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives in the Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level AEC employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's top companies, enabling us access to the top opportunities throughout the continental U.S.
RealStreet currently has a great assignment for a Wastewater Planning Engineer (Junior to Mid-Level). This individual will support our client, a growing engineering services firm in Houston, Texas. In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Wastewater Planning Engineer will provide wastewater planning and engineering services to the City of Houston’s (COH) Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). Projects will support the city’s ongoing Hurricane Harvey Disaster recovery efforts.
Additional responsibilities of the Wastewater Planning Engineer include:
- Identifying and modeling long-term wastewater planning to meet FEMA consent decree and CIP requirements
- Assisting in task scope definition and planning of assigned task packages
- Reviewing technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models to ensure ongoing adherence to COH goals and requirements
- Identifying synergies or cost savings through the analysis and evaluation of solutions to solve problems and help develop strategic plans
- Providing consultants with design capacities for peak wet and dry weather flow based on projected growth in the specific areas
- Maintaining schedules and coordinating task resources
- Preparing reports and presenting technical matter to project groups and stakeholders