The Vice President - Technology plays a critical role in development of new technologies and innovative strategies across multiple sites from conceptual design through commercialization.
The role will collaborate with various business leaders across our sites to help drive new technologies, chemical and process development, and innovations that will advance strategy and long-term plan execution. In addition, this role has responsibility for leading advanced process control strategies across all sites that will yield step change improvements in the areas of quality, capacity, and productivity. This role offers a challenging environment with broad responsibility and opportunities for growth in strategy, business acumen, and people leadership, as well as personal and professional growth.
- Participate on ALTIVIA leadership team and lead the organization in support of product technology and development.
- Understand customer and business needs to develop, evaluate, and implement new technologies and products across all ALTIVIA facilities.
- Providing technical guidance on areas of expertise to plant manufacturing, engineering design, and process optimization programs.
- Oversee Technology plant trials and providing technical resources and guidance to implement new technologies.
- Interact with internal and external experts, vendors, and other outside consultants to develop and implement process improvements or project goals.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of formulations, procedures, observations, results.
- Conduct stability testing and troubleshoot unstable formulas to ensure commercial feasibility.
- Maintain working knowledge of raw material innovations and emerging research in the various chemistry fields by proactively researching new concepts, materials, processes, and technical opportunities.
- Validate new raw materials.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for troubleshooting and problem-solving activities related to processes and laboratory investigations
- Maintain a working knowledge of state and federal regulations.
- Serve as a technical and problem-solving resource for commercial team.
- Support other R&D functions.
- B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related discipline.
- Creative thinking, technical writing, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to easily adapt to priority changes and able to work on simultaneous projects to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, ability to solve complex problems, ability to innovate, and a strategic business perspective and financial acumen.
- Strong sense of ownership and a drive to improve existing systems and processes by creative and innovative approaches.
- Entitlement and continuous improvement mindset to develop creative solutions to problems, in terms of rapid implements timetables, best alignment with customers and business needs, and lowest cost.
- Ability to lead scaling of new processes and products from laboratory scale to commercialization.