Role Summary: This role reports directly into the Chief Operation Officer. The Vice President of Operations will focus on designing and implementing the strategic plan to optimize our manufacturing, assembly and warehousing & planning process. The role will provide leadership experience across multiple functional areas, a strong understanding of manufacturing operations and a wider knowledge that covers, safety, quality, sustainability and influence change through a matrix structure. S/he works in close partnership with leaders across a variety of functions, including: Engineering, Project Management , Quality, Sourcing, and Safety with a key focus on the meeting our customer needs.
Partnering with the COO to coordinate and implement the operational vision and strategies through the manufacturing, assembly and warehousing & planning functions.
- Provides leadership and direction to ensure safety, quality, productivity, and cost meet or exceed company objectives.
- Provides strategic oversight to all production operations to ensure manufacturing & assembly capabilities meet short and long-term demands.
- Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes
- Maximizes plant efficiency through standardized processes, plant layout, and equipment installation.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure budgets are met.
- Develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Talent Development '" closely collaborate with HR to build and develop a robust leadership team, develop the next generation of leaders by creating a feedback rich culture, ensuring effective personal development of leaders, and building a strong succession pipeline.
- Ensures company programs and initiatives are implemented, utilized, and followed by all.
- Responsible for building a strong culture through employee engagement to ensure organizational objectives are achieved.
- Champions the plant 's safety program and coordinates statutory training and compliance.
- Promotes lean manufacturing tools and techniques in all production and related processes to increase efficiency and minimize operation costs.
- Develops and monitors appropriate metrics to drive improvement in process to achieve company goals and meet customer requirements.
- Provides leadership, mentor direct reports and team members, and provides executive leadership.
- Provides support to engineering and sourcing teams when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing).
Desired Characteristics: Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Effective problem identification and solution skills.