The Vice President of Human Resources is a key contributor to the strategic and operational components of Company. This position will provide overall direction and guidance to the human resource department and serve as a business partner to the senior leadership team. This position will foster and maintain a world-class work environment and will lead all of the HR talent management and development functions, including HR strategy, HR policy, diversity and inclusion, engagement, compensation, benefits, recruiting and employment, employee relations, HR systems, training and development, separation management, performance management, and succession planning. In conjunction with general counsel, the Vice President of Human Resources will keep current on international, national and local HR laws and policies that may affect the workforce and will review and implement legal and policy changes that are mandatory to the jurisdictions in which Company operates.
- Lead and manage all world-wide activities of the HR business partners in all functional HR areas. Ensure successful engagement, planning and execution of divisional strategies.
- Function as a primary change agent for the organization. Be a trusted advisor and business partner to the company's senior leaders, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues and providing guidance on managing complex employee relations matters.
- Annually review and make recommendations to the Executive Committee for improvement of policies, procedures and practices on human resource and other matters.
- Responsible for organizational compliance with federal and state laws pertaining to all human resource matters.
- Define all human resource training programs and assign the authority/responsibility of human resources and managers within those programs. Provide necessary education and materials to managers and employees, including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks and standardized reports.
- Strategize and lead recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Lead competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help recruit and retain superior staff. Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- MCompanyor departmental staffing budgets, departmental HR budget allocations, expenditures and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- Prepare a wide variety of complex written materials (e.g., plans, budgets, funding requests, investigative reports, analyses, recommendations, procedures) for the purpose of documenting activities and issues, meeting compliance requirements, providing audit references, making presentations, and/or providing supporting materials for requested actions.
- Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development activities for all company employees.
- Supervise the staff of the HR department based in the U.S. and Pune.
Required Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree and 10 years of experience in human resources at a management level; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 or more years’ experience as most senior human resources executive for a company > 300 employees or a division > 500 employees, ideally in the Information Tech industry
- HR experience in numerous functional areas with recent experience in staffing/recruiting, payroll and compensation management, benefits management, training and development, employee relations and organizational design/development
- Demonstrated ability in leveraging key performance indicators to drive organizational success
- Demonstrated strategic planning acumen
- Demonstrated history of successfully managing human resource activities across multiple facilities and across a wide geography, ideally including India
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing and leveraging HR metrics to guide HR effectiveness
- Demonstrated project management and implementation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives at once
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Exceptional verbal written and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills
- Demonstrated capability in analyzing and designing requirements for automation and tools for HR applications, evaluation and proposal of tools and managing the change globally
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) to design impactful presentations and reports
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills