We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a VP IT Portfolio Management
The Vice President, IT Portfolio & Program Management directs and oversees the IT Project Management Office by defining and leading program and project management best practices, procedures, and processes. This position is also responsible for establishing and administering the IT project portfolio roadmap and managing a team of business engagement leaders who will work with each Service Line to translate business needs into requirements and partner with the technology functions to deliver solutions.
- Overseeing and prioritizing the planning, organization, direction and tracking of all major project components including cost, schedules, resources, analysis, deliverables, etc. and update and communicate with leadership as appropriate
- Defines and leads team of business engagement leaders who own relationship management with each service line to ensure close alignment of technology products & initiatives with strategic business priorities during the project in-take and governance process
- Collaborates closely with technology delivery, infrastructure, and operations teams to ensure collaboration and continual alignment of solutions
- Forecast the trajectory of projects, programs, and integrations to ensure that timely action is taken to keep projects on time and budget.
- Ensure labor management across the IT enterprise is incorporated into all project plans. Ensure time sheets are maintained to support capital allocation of project related labor costs.
- Oversee and advise on PMO issue escalations and identify resolution
- Direct IT portfolio management and maintain compliance
- Provide an enterprise view of deliverables and drive enterprise alignment
- Build strong relationships with business and clinical program sponsors
- Administer project change management and generate project and program status reporting
- Ensure projects and practice integrations are aligned with the corporate strategic direction and coordinated across the organization
- Ensure alignment to IT Governance processes.
- Special projects and performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Regular and reliable attendance required
- PC; Windows based spreadsheet/word processing package and Power Point. Competency with enterprise Project Management software experience such as MS Project. Service Now and SmartSheets experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Minimum of ten (10) years of Project Management experience required, including a least five (5) years of experience in healthcare industry preferred. Master’s Degree and PMI certification is desired.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills through the ability to understand, read, write, and speak English at a level appropriate for executive business interactions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to successfully write business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors, and the general public.
- Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
- Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency.
- Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence. Understanding of interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs