Vice President of Human Resources
*** Must have following experiences:
- Recent California Labor Law experience (minimum 3 years)
- Recent California Payroll experience (minimum 3 years)
• Serve as a trusted advisor to the President and partner with the executive leadership team on all aspects of Human Resources policies. Develop and implement a visionary and robust HR strategy to advance company’s employee-focused culture while fostering an empowered workforce.
• Develop and lead the HR department constantly striving to achieve outstanding customer service, continual improvement, and operational effectiveness of the organization. Implement effective development programs that prepare employees for career advancement through skill specific training, education, and performance evaluation.
• Develop comprehensive total rewards programs that motivate, empower, and incentivize optimal performance from the team.
• Design, develop, and implement talent management systems, tools, and processes to foster a performance-based culture and drive continuous improvement.
• Establish credibility with leadership, and throughout the organization as an effective leader, strategic thinker, collaborator, problem solver, and over-arching trusted advisor.
Professional Experience & Qualifications:
The Vice President of Human Resources will be a highly ethical, charismatic, inspirational, and servant leader with at least 15 years of experience in Human Resources in an organization of comparable or larger in size and complexity.
• A visionary leader, capable of identifying and implementing progressive yet practical approaches to Human Resources strategies.
• Experience in managing a strong team, and empowering and motivating a high performing, customer focused team to ensure cohesiveness around operational goals and objectives. A strong leader of people with well-developed team building and influencing abilities.
• Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills, key to forging collaborative relationships with the Executive-level leadership, and staff.
• Demonstrated success in positively affecting organization dynamics through pragmatic leadership, strategic thinking, and strong business acumen. A broad understanding of the functional components of HR with experience leveraging Human Resources systems, HRIS, and reporting to positively influence employee retention.
• Functional expertise in talent management, organization design, change management, total rewards, employee relations, training, payroll and leadership development.
• Operates with the highest level of integrity and character, demonstrating high moral and ethical behavior. Ability to champion employee issues balanced by an appreciation and deep awareness of business constraints.
Requirements & Education:
Undergraduate degree required. Master’s degree in business, organizational behavior, psychology or human resources preferred or equivalent experience.
15+ years experience in progressive HR roles
5+ years experience managing people
Experience managing a distributed work-force
Prior payroll experience required for CA
Multi-state labor law strongly preferred, recent CA labor law experience required
Retail or Telecom experience preferred