7114 - Houston North - 16110 North Fwy, Houston, Texas, 77090
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About this job
Ensuring today's customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that suits them means offering support during every step of the journey. You will be the vital link between a customer's online buying experience to their home delivery, providing an iconic car-buying experience. As a Vehicle Delivery Driver, you will need more than just driving skills. You will be responsible for loading and unloading a customer's vehicle, delivering paperwork for signature, and probably the most gratifying part of the process, handing over a set of keys to customers to enjoy their new car!
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
- Operating a two-car hauler for customer vehicle deliveries. In most states, a Class A, B, or C commercial driver's license is not necessary. See qualifications and requirements for more details
- Load, transport and off-load CarMax vehicles at various locations to ensure the right vehicle is in the right place at the right time for our CarMax teams and customers
- Facilitate the completion of Home Delivery and Appraisal Checkout transactions
- Interact with customers, other associates and team members to provide outstanding internal and external customer service.
- Perform a brief and guided condition verification for vehicles being transported to a CarMax location
- Verify that all vehicles meet CarMax's cosmetic standards before being delivered to a customer.
- Carry out daily equipment inspections to ensure our transport operations run smoothly and safely
- Maintain all necessary logs and documentation as required by company.
Be part of the team that's driving up standards
We're setting new standards for the auto industry, and that includes the challenges and rewards offered at CarMax. Driving a company-owned truck, you will be responsible for vehicle deliveries. More than a driver, you will be the face of CarMax, making the most of your strong communication and teamwork skills. In addition, you will enjoy a generous range of company benefits including paid vacation, health and welfare benefits such as medical, dental, vision, EAP, as well as 401k retirement savings plans, and car purchase discounts.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid state-issued driver's license
- Additional Licensing and Endorsement requirements may apply for select states
- Illinois - Class C Driver's License Required
- Indiana - Class D Driver's License with a "For Hire" endorsement required
- Louisiana - Class D Chauffeur's License required
- Michigan - Chauffer's License Required
- Mississippi - Class D Commercial License required
- Missouri - Class E (For-Hire) License required
- Tennessee - Class D License with an F Endorsement required
- Driving record with no more than 6 penalty points within the last three years
- 1+ year of customer service experience
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Must possess DOT Medical Card or must be able to pass DOT certified Medical Exam to obtain DOT Medical Card within 28 days of hire
- Adherence to all applicable CarMax policies and procedures,
- Able to lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs) and winch transported vehicles during the loading process
- Proficiency in operating a 10-speed transmission
- Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.