* Lead designs for features that help our geoscientists, engineers, and operators make multi-million dollar decisions across the Upstream and Global Projects organizations.
* In the first month, review existing user research and designs for the products and understand the strategic direction for the capabilities. Integrate with the product team. Attend usability tests for active designs and product testing.
* In the first three months, design solutions for features going into our products. Iterate on the designs with the team and validate them in coordination with our user researchers.
Communicate those designs through sketches, wireframes, or prototypes as needed.
* In the first six months, gather evidence of business value for designs and document the value for UX stakeholders.
Work with the UX Lead to identify user research gaps and formulate a strategy with stakeholders and the research team.
* After the first six months, continue to design elegant interfaces and processes which make the complex, simple.
* Engage with users (globally) to build a strategy for how to design for gaps in knowledge and understanding of technology as well as how to present uncertainty in optimization solutions.
* Collaborate with other designers to critique designs, build on standards, and contribute to the upstream technical design language.
* BS or MS in Design, Human Factors, HCI, Information Science, or similar field
* Ideally, experience in scientific or engineering domains
* Ideally, experience, training, and interest in conducting user research as well as design
* Enjoy collaboration with a diverse team including designers, researchers, and those from different cultures or backgrounds
* Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, teamwork, and an eagerness to learn
* Find consensus and compromise as needed
* Have a portfolio which demonstrates your ability to understand and solve tough problems and illustrates your design process
* Be able to work onsite at our campus in Spring, TX almost all of the time
* Ability to potentially travel internationally on occasion if needed