Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
About the Role:
Sourcing Analyst is responsible for developing strategic sourcing alternatives to increase our product offering to chosen countries and industry segments in LATAM. In doing so, he/she will also be expected to develop sustainable long-term relationships with selected suppliers and internal partners to strengthen our positioning in the selected region/s aligned with the defined sourcing strategy. In addition, this role will develop and implement methods and tools to provide and maintain key data base and analytical support to the commercial team identifying and quantifying business opportunities through market intelligence based on import statistics, market trends and suppliers’ opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for new product/supplier introduction and consolidation in Univar Solutions Global Exports (UGE) product portfolio.
- Develops and manages a number of existing suppliers’ relationships.
- Regularly uses intelligence systems to track import records, finding customer/s and distributor/s that regularly import product/s in selected regions, analyzing volume, price, origin, suppliers, etc.
- This data should be processed to determine the effective action plan/s to present to the commercial team and once defined help and support in the implementation
- Performs strategic analysis of suppliers, by product family and by industry, including SWOT, differentiation strategies and value proposition initiatives.
- Responsible to keep supplier’s database updated as a source of information to the commercial team.
- Supports the product line strategies to support UGE businesses’ sustainable growth in alignment with Latin America business strategies.
- Analysis support for ad-hoc requests from corporate and business unit personnel.
- Be a role model of Univar Solutions Values and drive Univar Solutions culture of accountability, growth mindset, ownership, flawless execution to add value to others and to with together
- Understanding of chemical market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Comfortable in analyzing and interpreting data, marketing research, import records analysis
- Excellent communication, negotiation and networking skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to some travel to tradeshows and conventions
- SAP knowledge desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years related experience
- Prefer experience/knowledge in chemicals, distribution and related industries
- Prefer large multi-national business experience/knowledge
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.