LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The US International Tax Manager will be responsible for all US international tax compliance, certain international components of the tax provision and general coordination of the income tax compliance and tax accounting provision for Canada and Barbados. The manager will also be responsible for other international tax related projects as needed. As needed, the manager will support the review of the US Federal Corporate Income Tax Return, or portions thereof. The manager will lead a team of at least two senior tax analysts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Management and review of the US international income tax compliance function including review all U.S. tax compliance and reporting related to foreign operations (e.g. Subpart F, foreign tax credits, FDII, GILTI, BEAT, 163(j), Forms 1042/withholding tax reporting, 1120-F's/treaty based returns,5471s, 5472s, 5713s, 8858s, 8865s, 1118s, FATCA filings, etc.).
- Assistance, as requested, in management and review of US Federal Corporate Income tax returns.
- Drive process improvements for the areas of responsibility.
- Provide support for income tax audits for the areas of responsibility and as requested for other areas..
- Coordinate, manage, and review of Canada and Barbados quarterly income tax reporting, income tax compliance, tax audits, and transfer pricing compliance including but not limited to:
- Review of the current and deferred tax reporting calculations.
- Review return to provision true-up's and ensure proper SOX 404 documentation is obtained/maintained.
- Manage and review of the annual income tax compliance.
- Manage tax audits including review of information requests, tax assessments, audit strategies, etc.
- Write technical and non-technical tax research and compliance memos.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of federal and international tax laws and current developments.
- Assist in special projects as necessary.
- Provide coaching and training to team members and direct reports including application of tax laws, regulations, and filing requirements.
- Minimum of eight (8) years related experience with a combination of public accounting and/or public company experience; CPA or JD strongly preferred.
- Expertise in US international tax compliance and related processes.
- Experience with Canadian direct tax compliance a plus.
- Expertise in US international tax law: calculation of foreign tax credit, foreign source income, E&P and tax pools, U.S. tax basis, understanding of FX implications, experience with various types of legal and business structures (partnerships, joint ventures, branches, etc.), and familiarity with non-US tax regimes and tax treaties.
- One Source Income Tax Compliance and SAP experience are an advantage.
- US GAAP tax accounting knowledge and experience calculating the foreign tax provision for international operations and transactions.
- Knowledge of US federal income tax compliance, US federal income tax accounting, and deferred tax reconciliation.
- Excellent tax research, and communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize when working on multiple deliverables.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in managing and coaching direct reports and other team members.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston