Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security personnel worldwide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience. Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Why Work at Inter-Con?
Passion: Inter-Con is a thriving company that is passionate about its products and people. Joining the Inter-Con family is an opportunity for growth and career advancement in an environment that truly cares for its employees. By joining the Inter-Con family, you’re working with the best to build a safer future.
People: Inter-Con is more than a company, it’s an alumni base. We believe in positioning the right people in the right place to help them achieve their long-term aspirations for career growth. We have transitioned thousands of officers into successful careers in law enforcement, government services, foreign affairs and many more. Your career success drives our success.
Benefits: Inter-Con offers excellent full-time and part-time benefits that include flexible scheduling to accommodate lifestyle commitments, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, sponsorship for Top Secret Clearance, comprehensive training, discounts on higher education and much more.
Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a commitment and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be proud. Be Inter-Con!
Sometimes the threat to life, destruction of critical infrastructure or damage to the environment is so severe that a specially trained and equipped security force is needed. When that happens, Inter-Con turns to its Security Officers. As part of this elite team you will secure some of our most vital assets. You will be trained in enhanced security procedures and be exposed to cutting edge technology. The qualifications are high, and the training is rigorous, but if you make it you’ll join one of the most exclusive clubs in the Inter-Con family. As an Security Officer you are at the tip of the spear when it comes to the advanced security solutions we provide our clients every day.
Specific benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Recognition and Reward Programs.
- Training and Career Development.
- Opportunities for Medical, dental, Holidays, vacation and sick, and 401 (k) retirement plan.
- Uniform and equipment provided
- Additional benefits vary depending on position.
Expected Duties and Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
Security personnel are to be certified and trained and will be assigned a variety of standing, sitting and walking posts. Some officer’s primary responsibilities will include management and operation of all equipment and may assume elements of shift supervision. Must be able to perform all Security Officer duties.
- Familiarity with the assigned post and assigned duties.
- Responds to all orders from Management.
- Monitors all access control related duties to include the maintenance of client visitor management.
- Monitors all activities at their assigned site through foot patrol or video surveillance/Alarm monitoring.
- Screens visitors.
- Executes the reporting and record keeping related to security operations.
- Maintains adherence to General and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains inventory control and maintenance of security related equipment and systems.
- Handles emergencies and critical incidents such as trespassers, fire, medical situations, potential threats, and other emergency situations.
- Ensures proper safety management of facilities related issues.
- Conducts timely patrols and appropriately challenges unauthorized personnel.
- Communicates status and response with management.
- Processes, inspects, and arranges essential mail/packages when assigned.
- Ensures proper direction and routing of incoming calls to appropriate personnel.
- Handles all inquiries within capacity.
- Maintains confidentiality and assures discreet handling in all aspects of business.
- Works collaboratively with other estate personnel.
- Must be mentally alert and capable of exercising good judgment, implementing instructions, and assimilating necessary specialized training.
- Must have the ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Must have the ability to understand and carry out oral and written direction and write accurate and clear reports
- Must be able to monitor environmental and electronic security systems.
- Must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen examination. The screen must have the ability to detect the use of: marijuana, cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, opiates, and benzodiazepines.
- Must complete training in Security and Emergency Procedures, Crowd Control, Irate/Hostile individual and Public Relations
- Must undergo training in matters of state policy regarding drug awareness, sexual harassment, workplace violence, discrimination, and prohibition of the use of equipment.
- Successfully complete training for operating electronic computer and/or alarm and communication systems.
- Must undergo formal training, if necessary.
Education & Experience:
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
Licensing, Permits & Certifications:
- If driving is a requirement for the assignment, a valid Driver License is mandatory.
- Guard Registration card
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Must be fully capable of performing the full range of security work requiring moderate to arduous physical exertion under either normal or emergency conditions.
- Exhibit good general health without physical defects or abnormalities which would interfere with the performance of duties under the contract
- Must possess a good distance vision in each eye, correct to 20/30 on the Snellen chart. In addition to that, must possess normal fields of vision, good depth perception, close vision correctable to Jaeger #4 type test of both eyes, and ability to distinguish basic colors
- Hearing loss must not exceed 30 decibels in both ears or 35 decibels in the poorer ear.
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we’ve hired thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our organization, please take a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities. Visit www.icsecurity.com/careers/for more information.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.