Title: Treasury Management Specialist
Job Grade: Non-Exempt
Department: Deposit Operations
Gulf Capital Bank is the first de novo (new) bank in the Houston area since 2008. The bank aims to redefine the value of a bank by offering the personal relationship touches of a traditional community bank combined with the ease of state-of-the-art banking technology and global connections provided by a group of Houston’s business and civic leaders.
The Bank is located at One Riverway, Houston, Texas at the corner of Woodway and South Post Oak Lane. We target and serve middle-market businesses with annual revenues up to $2 billion. For more information go to: www.gulfcapitalbank.com/
Under the direction of the Director of Treasury Operations, this individual will perform a variety of functions to ensure the efficient operation of the area in accordance with established Bank policies and procedures as well as federal, state, and local regulations. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes which include Incoming/Outgoing Domestic and International wire transfers. Will assist with Treasury Management functions as assigned. Will have shared responsibility for daily workflow and process improvements.
Must have the ability to work flexible hours I.E., between 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Detailed Description (Including but not limited to):
- Process Incoming and Outgoing Wire Transfers
- Attention to regulatory requirements and compliance training applicable to position (Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Information Privacy, etc.)
- Assist the Treasury Management Department to provide lenders and bank personnel with information to help solicit, establish, and maintain commercial banking relationships with a focus on treasury management products and core deposit growth.
- Help generate a variety of prospect lists from existing customer referrals and sources and assist with analyzing customer data.
- Help compile and track appropriate product agreements, resolutions and setup forms for products sold and communicate with customers concerning outstanding documentation needed.
- Assist with the preparation of written proposals, RFP responses, and comparative analysis via internal systems for relationship manager/officer to utilize in presentations.
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Reset customer passwords or user lockouts using appropriate identification methods.
- Review Daily Reports from the Wire and Treasury Systems
- Set up commercial treasury system access to approved product with the appropriate permissions.
- Assist in Customer Training related to consumer and commercial online banking
- Assist in ACH Processing, ACH Disputes, ACH Originations, ACH Non-post, and ACH Returns
- Meets established goals.
- Help the Treasury Management Department track referrals, identify opportunities for providing additional products or services to customers, and follow-up with relationship managers/officers on outstanding items.
- Complete all required compliance and internal educational classes on a yearly basis.
- Perform duties related to the Bank Secrecy Act under the guidance of the BSA Officer.
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Strong attention to detail
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to use sound judgement
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated
- Excellent leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
- Pleasant telephone skills and courteous manner a must
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are absolutely essential.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- ?High School diploma required, Associates degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of applicable experience
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
As of the date shown below, the contents of this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified. Further, essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
Gulf Capital Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year