CLASS A LICENSE REQUIRED!!
This position works closely with our drivers to monitor their progress and provides coaching and training. This position requires extreme attention to detail and a sense of urgency in serving customers and reducing operating expenses to ensure that the company's safety, financial, and compliance goals are met or exceeded. This position also assists the manager with vendors regarding fleet maintenance, turnover, and expansion, and handles communication with customers and the sales staff regarding Jake's deliveries.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Class A CDL Required
- Smith System Certified (Preferred)
- OSHA Certified (Preferred)
- Roadnet Routing Software (Preferred)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Logistics with 3-5 years of experience or high school degree with 5-7 years of transportation-related experience.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations and their applications.
- Complete Job description with a detailed list of duties will be provided upon request.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Understanding and proficient with formulas to create complex spreadsheets within Microsoft Excel.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Job Attributes:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word).
- Roadnet Routing Software preferred.
- Attention to accuracy and detail; must be able to accurately keep records and possess organizational skills.
- Displays professionalism, a good work ethic, and is accountable for one's actions.
- Act ethically, treat team members, customers, vendors, and visitors with respect, and is adaptable to a changing environment.
- A refined "hands-on" leadership style that motivates and optimizes team cohesiveness and effectiveness.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and effectively delegate in a fast-paced, detailed, and deadline-oriented environment.
- Highly developed communication, listening skills, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Adhere to all general safety rules
Physical Requirements (including, but not limited to):
Representative of the requirements to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made per ADA regulations.
- Ability to work in cooler temperature zones as low as -20 degrees.
- Ability to maintain a moderate level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods as required.
- Ability to operate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware, and equipment at a high level.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: fine manipulating with hands, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds with proper lifting techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following other duties may be assigned:
- Servant leader who leads by example and reinforces Jake's mission, vision, and core values at all times while ensuring that the company's everyday activities run safely, efficiently, and profitably.
- Have a positive and humble attitude towards team members, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Conduct ride-a-longs/follow-a-longs a minimum of three days a week for coaching and training.
- Lead, coach, and supervise new and current transportation personnel to attain specific goals and measurable results while ensuring efficient delivery of products to our customers.
- Assist in approving all transportation payroll bi-weekly including days missed, sick days, and vacation days.
- Document mileage for all delivery motorized vehicles every month.
- Assist in the candidate process.
- When extra drivers are not available, this position will be the first backup driver.
- Assist in executing the company's safety program for Jake's Transportation
- Ensure compliance with government regulations, especially DOT regulations as outlined in the FMCSA.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability