The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for directing and coordinating activities and legal documentation of people and equipment engaged in the Transportation and delivery of bakery products in a cost effective safe manner.
- Prequalify for hiring of all transportation team members including all proper documentation being filled out and processed.
- Responsible for all drivers DQF files are in compliance at all times.
- Responsible to monitor and audit all driver log books to be sure they are maintained as required by Dawn Foods Policy and the DOT.
- Ensure that all safety policy and requirements are being enforced and followed.
- Understand and follow IFS standards.
- This includes scheduling and planning quarterly driver safety meetings Ensure that all required vehicle documentations are in place and current.
- Ensure all vehicles are being maintained in safe operation condition by utilizing and overseeing use of required documentation such as Daily Damage Report Sheet, and VCR.
- Ensure that all vehicles are maintained in a clean fashion inside and outside.
- Coordinates pickup and delivery schedules for truck drivers.
- Coordinate this schedule with Operations, Procurement, and sales to best satisfy our customers needs.
- Coordinate LTL and FULL load deliveries with outside carriers when required. Make contacts with LTL carriers and have competitive price quotes available.
- Investigates customers' complaints involving such matters as damaged items, driver performance, and delay in shipment, and makes necessary adjustment.
- Investigate and report all MV accidents involving Dawn food drivers as required in The Dawn Transportation and safety Program.
- Follow all procedures stated in program.
- Have working knowledge of Road Net and Mobil Cast. Direct the activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking transportation vehicles.
- Responsible for the facility’s adherence of company policy and procedures of daily activity in the delivery
- department to ensure all employee and DOT laws are followed.
- Coordinate entire Transportation Department requests for vacation, days off, suggestions or safety concerns. Leadership Responsibilities Carry out leadership responsibilities in accordance with Dawn’s culture.
- This involves being a champion of the Dawn Culture by positively reinforcing actions of others who work
- with you, and practice the “Please & Thank You” style of management.
- Three to Five years’ Transportation management experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in written and oral form.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Dawn people.
- Training/background in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Knowledgeable Word, AS 400, Road Net, Mobil Cast beneficial
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationaal origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.