Job ID: 231504
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
Responsible for the scheduling, directing, execution and performance management related to movement of Gulf Coast material delivery and construction equipment transport. This includes utilization of internal fleet as well as recruiting, coordinating and managing brokered trucks, negotiating haul rates and utilizing telematics to monitor daily performance.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Informs, educates, facilitates, and ensures that Company drivers carry out their duties in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ensures that leased drivers fulfill all contracted obligations including Company and DOT regulations, policies, and procedures pertaining to leased drivers, and the safe, timely delivery of materials from Company production facilities to the end use customer.
- Daily communication with Sales, Project Managers and customers on production schedule to ensure allocation of the appropriate number of trucks by production facility.
- Recruitment and onboarding of Company and leased drivers ensuring all company policies have been met prior to hauling for the Company.
- Initiates and/or conducts meetings with internal and external customers with respect to issues that may arise in delivery of materials produced by the Company.
- Establishes, records, and keeps up all paperwork related to leased drivers, their contracts, and contract terms.
- Implement and manage fleet telematics software and report on performance of Company and leased drivers.
- Works closely with the Estimating group in providing trucking rate and other information used in bidding work for the Company.
- Works in cooperation with all departments.
- Additional Administrative Duties as Assigned
- Reliable attendance is essential in performing this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred or three (3) or more years of experience supervising and scheduling drivers.
- Previous related experience in trucking in a construction field is preferred
- Safely operate various types equipment related to work requirements.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements, policies, and procedures as outlined in the employee policy manual.
- Must be willing to travel to each jobsite using transportation and work away from home when required.
- Report to work at the designated start time. Reliable attendance is essential.
- Work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors/managers with other duties as required.
- Available to work whenever necessary to accomplish Company goals.
- Construction Software
- Knowledgeable in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), and Outlook
- Trucking Industry, Aggregate Production, and Construction knowledge necessary.
- Experience with dispatching and telematic truck tracking software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Climb: ascend/descend stairs and ladders.
- Lift: exertion of physical strength to move objects (20-40 lbs.) from one level to another.
- Carry: hold or rest weighted objects (20-40 lbs.) directly on hands, arms, shoulders, or back while walking from one location to another.
- Bend: flexion of the upper trunk forward while standing and knees extended or knees flexed when sitting.
- Push/Pull: Exertion of force on or against object (20 lbs.) to move it from one location to another.
- Reach: extend the hands and arms in any direction.
- Kneel: maintain the body in an erect posture while resting body weight on one or both knees.
- Stoop: flexion of the upper body forward at the waist with partial flexion of the knee while standing.
- Noise: sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to cause marked distraction or possible injury to sense of hearing.
- Dust: airborne particles of any kind such as dust.
- Hazards: various office equipment and furniture
- Protection: required to wear hard hat, safety glasses (prescription or non-prescription) with side shields, safety vest, gloves, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection. Only needed when working at plants or field locations.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gulf Coast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.