Overview / Responsibilities
Transportation Design Engineer (EIT) Texas
Our team is growing, and we are searching for a highly motivated Transportation Design Engineer (EIT) to join our Texas transportation team in Houston, Austin, or Dallas Offices.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the design and plan preparation for a variety of transportation related projects. Projects can include the design of plans,specifications and estimates for various roadway design, schematic design, construction inspection, maintenance, environmental and/or transportation operations. Candidate will be a primary contact with project manager andoverall design team. Employees at this level perform work independently on assignments and must be knowledgeable in Microstation and Bentley design software. A flexible in-office work schedule is allowed.
- Plan production for transportation projects using Bentley Microstation.
- Detailed roadway design with willingness to become proficient in OpenRoads Designer.
- Applies engineering principles, methods, and techniques to a wide variety of transportation-related activities.
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental studies, and designs for projects.
- Performs problem solving skills for engineering-related problems and evaluates the need for design changes or recommendations.
- Reviews plans, specifications, estimates, general notes, and shop/working drawings.
- Adheres to company standards for quality assurance and quality control as defined in the quality manual.
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing, and scheduling of construction activities.
- Submits documents to federal, state, and local agencies for code compliance review and obtains permits required.
- Performs analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of engineering data.
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work. Reports any safety issues or concerns to management.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- 2+ years relevant engineering experience on transportation projects (TxDOT experience recommended).
- Proficient experience in DOT design methods, plan preparation, standards, specifications, and budgets.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Knowledgeable in Bentley Software (MicroStation, OpenRoads Designer, ProjectWise).
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook).
- Self-motivated with a willingness to work on a team.
- Accept accountability for work product and create a positive work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical examination required to obtain medical clearance to work.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Clean driving record and capable of being insured for driving company vehicles.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the worlds most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.