A Transportation Brokerage Specialist is in charge of planning a company's transportation, including the most economical and quickest routes for shipping merchandise to and from destination, contracting for common carrier and other transportation facilities, negotiating with carriers for adjustments for damages to merchandise, and making the necessary rearrangements resulting from delays, damages, or irregularities in transit, is performing exempt work. Transportation Brokerage Specialist primary duty is the performance of office non-manual work directly related to the management or general business operations. The employee's primary duty must include but not limited to the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
Specific Job Duties:
- Enters shipment information into the computer system, with specific information as it relates to the account
- Enter carrier packets into the company's TMS.
- Monitors and follows up to ensure that loads are moving according to schedule and expectations of the customer
- Update Account supervisors of any delays or issues with shipments in transit and at pick up locations.
- Communicates load status with customers and the Brokerage team.
- May assist the Brokerage team with Booking and dispatching of loads during peak periods.
- May assist with the billing process and capturing of hard copy proof of deliveries
- Assist with the outsourcing of loads to other trucking companies sources
- Handles flat bed, step decks, full and partial loads
- respond to email requests and phone calls
- Two years experience
- Respond promptly and professionally to customer needs
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Strong communication skills over the phone and in email.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent problem solving skills
- General office equipment capable
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment