At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Revenue Cycle Systems Trainer is accountable for collaborating with internal and external stakeholders in developing, coordinating and integrating staff education, training, competencies, professional practices and quality audit processes in the revenue cycle setting.
The Physician Practice Revenue Cycle Systems Trainer will design, develop, and deliver educational and training programs, curriculum, and materials for those in the Revenue Cycle (e.g. Patient Access, Financial Counseling, Insurance Verification, Collections, Billing, etc.). The Physician Practice Revenue Cycle Trainer will serve as instructional designer for customized and standardized training courses as well as facilitator for training courses offered through the Revenue Cycle Training department.
Desired Skill Sets:
- Experience as a Revenue Cycle trainer preferred
- 2 years working knowledge of Revenue Cycle
- Excellent presentation skills - ability to articulate clear and concise information
- Experience with instructional design/content
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities
Instructional Design and Development
- Ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Know the capabilities of various e-learning development tools and software
- Hands-on experience with Learning Management Software (LMS)
- Knowledge of effective use of graphics and skilled at writing effective copy, instructional text, audio/video scripts
- Design programs in a variety of formats (e.g. instructor led, online, hybrid) using best practices
Education: Associates degree in accounting, business management, healthcare administration, information system or related field; in lieu of a degree will accept two (2) years of working knowledge of Revenue Cycle with strong medical insurance terminology, third-party payer reimbursements, and benefit concepts in addition to the following qualifications
Licenses/ Certifications: (None)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of two (2) years working knowledge of Revenue Cycle preferably as a Revenue Cycle Systems Trainer
- Possess strong knowledge of EMTALA, HIPAA, health insurance terminology and benefits
- Comprehensive understanding of Revenue Cycle Operations or Clinical Operation Process Flows within a medical practice
- Demonstrated analytical abilities to identify and comprehend revenue cycle enhancement opportunities for educational and improvement through observation, data analysis and interpretation
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required. Demonstrate highly engaging facilitation skills in a variety of learning environments to ensure effectiveness and accuracy in engaging audiences with diverse skill sets and learning needs
- Demonstrated ability to perform and maintain working relationships within the department and across all business units to foster a team environment
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a team of trainers to provide the highest level of training to the medical practices
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook)
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Facilitates and manages new employees Revenue Cycle system and/or Physician Practice Management Host System training. Continuously updating training material and developing competency testing requirements. Monitor test scores to ensure employees meet qualifications for system access.
- Develops, maintains, and coordinates education programs for new and current employees to meet initial and ongoing educational needs and competency requirements for all types of revenue cycle management and/or physician practice management services.
- Presents new training initiatives to all levels of the organization.
- Monitors and provide additional education to training team colleagues to ensure standardize training initiatives is met.
- Pursues new training techniques and tools to ensure "best practice" platform skills and tools are implemented.
- Participates in integrated testing events to identify issues prior to end-user training.
- Develops comprehensive test scripts to ensure thorough integrated user-acceptance testing.
- Reports system failures to ISD and/or software vendor and recommend solutions to resolve outstanding issues.
- Provides on-site assistance during new practice and/or system go-lives. This would include assisting practices and/or facilities with backfills for existing schedules, resolving user problems with hardware and software issues.
- Works with ISD to develop solutions to system deficiencies.
- In addition to classroom training, provide on-going process improvement training and educating using methods such as newsletters and posting pertinent information on internal SharePoint sites.
- Prepares and delivers presentations, demonstrations, train-the-trainer and special training courses as needed.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.